Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Papa Didn't Raise no Wimps!

So cool! Growing up as a little kid and being very active I always hated the wussy type fragile helpless little girly types. Well even as an adult I was very active. I remember my older daughter Danielle always telling me I was such a baby playing ball etc. She herself was a really good athlete as a kid but didn't really show any interest. Now at 33 she met up with a Mommy's club and started working out with them. They do some program called cross fit and another she does with the mommies consisting of pushing around old tractor tires and other hardcore old school workouts. My second daughter Sarah 31 has always loved to play but didn't have the talent of my older daughter. But she was always very determined to get things done. We went to the gym for a year or so together till she moved a little too far. My older daughter and I also worked out for about 6 months at a gym. I had her doing all kinds of stuff. Onetime I had her doing a circuit type workout with weights. A few reps then 100 jumps with the rope. Some trainer came over and said, "wow, she jumps rope like Ali!". Yes, yes she does!

Well anyway, they're following daddy's footsteps. Danielle just did Ragnar. A 200 mile relay on a 6 (wo)man team. Much like Furnace Creek 508. Run rest, repeat! 200 miles over 2 days. She was real excited that they ran across the Golden Gate bridge. Me, I'm just proud as heck!

That was this last weekend.

                                         Danielle on Ragnar Tired and beat but accomplished!


                                            Running through the wee hours of the night!


                                                                       Happy girl!



Then there is Sarah my baby! 31 and still hitting the gym. She just posted the good news on FB, she finally reached 225 on her squat!



No comments:

Post a Comment