Saturday, September 6, 2014

SART Saturday


36 easier miles today. 16.0 average. Doing GRM a couple day ago didn't really feel too bad. I know Gina suffers but doing her pace on the way up makes it an easy ride for me. So not having any soreness or anything I figured today would be an easy day. I was wrong. One thing about GMR, it will get you one way or another ha ha! Got on the bike this morn and wow, back of the legs were tight, ankles tight, things I have not felt in a longtime ha ha!  But I had figured on doing an easier pace today saving up for longer miles tomorrow. Hopefully today's ride freshened us up a bit.

OK, so below you will see the pic of the bikes leaning on my truck and Gina standing in the shade. there is a reason for that! Few weeks ago we ran into Ron & Dixie at the start of our ride. I had already put together Gina's bike and she was ready to roll. I was putting my bike together when Ron said, we can see who the slow one is here!". Now Gina just agrees with everything people without knowing what they really say so she just said "yeah!". :-O

So I had to explain it. FTR, I wake up earlier than Gina does to prep the bikes, load bikes, load the equipment bag, make sure all her stuff is ready to roll. When we get to the trail head, I put the bikes together. Always her bike first so she can spin her legs a bit while I get ready. Then I apply sun block on her so she does not burn. THEN I get ready. Pretty much all she has to do is get out of bed, get on her bike and pedal! 

So today, like most day s and especially hot days, she will go sit in the shade. Many times I have to walk over and grab her bike and I will to be nice, take her shoes to her. So I walk her bike over to the truck so she does not have to stand in the sun. So I put everything away while she stands or sits in the shade watching me sweat.

So if anybody ever asks her if I am slow getting ready and she says yes, don't believe her! If she ever says she forgot her energy bar, don't believe her. It was because I forgot it cause I get everything ready. Very rare but I have forgotten maybe two or three times in 17 years. But I am not slow! :-P







Hot out so yes, still some hotties out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment