Saturday, February 17, 2018

40 Solo, Almost Again!

40.3 miles at 15.9 average. I thought it was windy, heck heading to Imperial from Katella felt windy to me. Then I turned around and Oh My God! Yes, you can still say GOD on my blog. If not, then you can go to hell ha ha! Just kidding, not my problem if you want to burn. :-P

So anyway, it was windy imo. But then it could have been that I have not done a 40 mile ride since early November ?? Only a couple of 30 milers and a 12 during the week. BUT I wanted to do the 40 just to test myself to see if I could after slacking for so long. I made it!

I did see that Mr. Miyagi guy again, the little short guy that wanted to beat me up. Well he did make me laugh I will say that ha ha! I turned around at Imperial when he went by. I let him get far ahead then did my thing. I ended up passing him and without fail, he took my wheel. So did some other dork I saw hop on the trail. OK whatever, so I sat up and slowed way down so they would pass me. Neither one did, bastards! Then I realized my batteries were dead in my point and shoot, bastards!

I'm sitting up riding no hands slowing down and both bastards stay on my wheel. Really? At 10 MPH? Finally I heard Mr. Miyagi shout left then took off like a bat out of hell. Just continuing my 10 MPH pace the other dude would not go around. So I turned around, looked at him then waved him around. Finally he took off, GREAT, that's what I wanted.

I saw them far ahead, second dude caught Mr. Miyagi, took his wheel then sprinted around dropping him like a bad habit. I was just sitting back about 100 yards laughing. I'm guessing the other dude had to be some kind of strong or he would not have caught Mr. Miyagi so easily. Of course if you remember the story of Mr. Miyagi, me and the girls caught him from behind after he passed us as we exited the park at about 2 MPH. We passed him, he drafted then sprinted around. We caught him again then did the same about 3 or 4 times. Finally I told him to just go on his own and stop interfering with our little group. Yes, he was cutting off the girls to "stay ahead" I guess. He got upset saying I was just mad because he was faster. Uhh OK! Then I blasted his doors off for like 1/4 making him look stupid so he got upset. Uhh yeah dude, you're really fast on that short little ride you do. We have a 2 MPH faster average than he does on a ride double his distance ha ha! Just a refresher on Mr. Miyagi.

So anyway, I slowed to 10 MPH, held it there for a bit then I returned to my normal pace. Once we got by Lincoln, I could see Mr. Miyagi fading fast ha ha! The other dude rode him off his wheel so he was out in the wind alone.Sure enough by the time we got to the Honda Center, I had caught him. I slowed down behind him wondering if he was going to continue on or turn around for his cheesy little usual ride. He turned around. :-P

The other dude noticed I had caught him too and was about 10 yards behind him at Honda Center. This was after being back about 200 yards at one time. But I was not trying to lift the pace knowing I had not done the 40 for a while, and definitely not solo. I was trying to conserve figuring the worst was yet to come. I will say the other guy had to be strong. He raced off once again and once we hit Edna Park, he vanished somewhere. Didn't see him cross the bridge and didn't see him at the park restroom, hmmm!

So anyway, after Edna Park, it really felt windy! At this point, I did not see anybody going my way as far back as I could see or as far ahead. Kind of an awful feeling when you look around and wonder why you are out there alone ha ha!

But I survived the worst part and met Ron and Dixie at the beach stop. I was thinking man it was windy till I asked Ron how they were doing and asked for his average. Darn! It was one mile an hour faster than mine so at that point, I knew it was me and my out of shape legs. :-P

A short bit later, Jose showed up. I didn't even know he had planned to ride. Usually at 8 am if he rides alone. I didn't start till almost 11 figuring he was done already. He only does 20 if he rides alone.

Then Ron and Dixie asked if I wanted to ride back with them. HEEEEEELLL NO! they tear it up with any kind of a tailwind so I figured I'd be dropped anyway so it was better I stay back and hold my pace so I didn't die.

Jose was there and said he would ride back with me. OK, I really did want to ride alone as a test but hey, if I get tired, I got some help. So he rode my wheel back to the soccer fields then I let him go to the front. He did pull me back to Memory Lane but I won't lie. It's kind of hard to keep somebody's wheel when you are tired. I had planned to keep it at 18 to make sure I got back since I was doing the long ride and he the shorter 20. But after he got up front, I looked down and say 19.7 a few times. OK, that explains why my legs were feeling toasty, 18 hunh???

Oh well, it was a decent ride and I figured I better do it now since the evictions are going to continue on Tuesday. So I figure the trail could be closed for 3 months and this was my last chance for a while.  I was actually planning to do the San Gabe trail but a quick change of mind figuring the return would be flatter on SART till I get my legs back.

I did see Bad Bob heading the other direction. Then Thai and Tony. Almost missed them and only a quick glance and "HEY!" as I was busy trying to wipe the tears from my eyes heading into the wind ha ha!

Well I did catch this one! Somebody who rode back with me said he liked this chick cause one could tell she was a little older but kept herself in good shape. No names because he is married ha ha but we rode back together. ;-) No worries, he doesn't even look at my blog so I doubt his wife does! :-P




My stupid point and shoot batteries were dead so I took a selfie with my cell. With no camera, this is all you get! :-P



Gina came home for a while from the hospital. Long enough to eat dinner with me then back to my cell. I did get a pic of her so I might remember what she looks like.



2 comments:

  1. Great report ride on your ride....amazed you can remember so many details Ha..ha...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I think I get it from my mother. She can tell you every detail of her day. But then again, it's cycling and not much more happens to remember other than spinning the pedals. :-P

      Delete