Saturday, September 8, 2018

First Ride in 3 Months (31 Miles)

   Yes, death in family, job, sick kid, move so I've been busy. Finally got in a ride that almost kilt me ha ha! Not really but I am not used to cramps and today I got about 15 at different times, different muscles. Both calves, both quads.

   I started solo then a brief stop at Edna Park. Only ten miles and my legs felt like noodles already ha ha! Honestly my legs felt like noodles before the ride. I'm used to feeling some hard Man Meat thighs when I touch myself but lately, my legs have felt like deflated balloons. Time to start taking care of myself. Been so many medicals in the family over the last year (s). Poor Gina has spent half her days with her sick son, half her days with my Dad hooking him up on dialysis. Few days here and there running around survivors doing favors. Sad my father passed away but after all the suffering over the last few years, especially last few months, it's really not a negative thing to say that we are glad he is not suffering any longer. But Gina has been off the bike taking care of people over the last 8 months, not even one ride. My plan is to get her on the tandem and start with 5 or 10 milers again around the hood. It's a sweet community with a one mile loop around the hood that seems it was designed for the recreational active people.

   But not having taken care of myself the way I should, it's time or I'll be next on the list as Rick put it today. I will say I have been eating better the last 3 weeks or so and have dropped 10 pounds but that ain't good enough, I need to drop another 30 or 40 to reassure myself I will not end up in the same boat. I plan to enjoy my old age! So yeah, back on the bike!

   Well once I ran into Rick, it seemed we hit the wind. Rode side by side and I could feel the legs whining! About 2 miles from the beach, my calf cramped and trying to keep up with Rick into the wind, I clipped out one leg and started pedaling with one leg ha ha. Didn't keep up but the cramp went away. Later I tried to stand up one of those little baby hills and both quads screamed at me ha ha! No more of that. Anyway we rode to the coast together then had a good chat. Jose was there so he rode back with us. Heading back we ran into Bad Bob who rode a few miles with us. Yeah, I'm dying trying to keep the cruising pace, trying to keep my legs from exploding but yet carrying on a conversation with Bad Bob. Yeah it hurt but I lived!

   But it's nice to get the ole noodles pumped again. I may not be able to walk the rest of the evening but it was nice! :-P







 

                           So much in life. Also celebrated our anniversary with some steak and lobster


The house




Got to stop letting Gina talk me into eating out. :-P


My Honey by our wedding champagne bottles


Of course a few weeks after Gina pays off her car, she gets hit from behind. Damn idiots with out of state licences and no insurance. Of course we pay the deductible of $1000. But it's all fixed up and shiny again. Second time in 2 years, paying out $2000 for idiots who can't drive! 


2 comments:

  1. Great to have you back Mr. Beanz! Glad to see you back blogging and riding again.

    Sincerest condolences on your recent loss. Riding helped me work through the same situation. I'm sure it will help you too.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr Hal! Glad you made it through your situation. I'm counting on my cycling to get me through it all! ;-)

      Delete