Sunday, July 7, 2019

Gina SART

26 miles 15.9 average speed. Nice to get Gina back on the bike again. 2nd ride since her son passed away and today happened to be the 2 month anniversary of his death so she was rather sensitive. On the way to the trail she started crying and apologized. It's OK Honey, cry, you need to cry to get it out.  Soon we would meet Amiee at the parking area and again she would cry. First time she has seen Aimee since Chris passed so I expected it. Aimee has been too sweet with Gina since it happened, as a matter of fact, long before. So I knew she would but I figure it's good to get it all out for now. Can't expect her not to cry but hey, if she gets on the bike, I'm good!

Mike ended up meeting us at the start, I think he was doing 60 from Green River. He rode with us to the coast. A bit breezy but much better than the last few weeks imo. Mike hung out a bit at the beach but headed back early while we remained. I know Gina enjoys Aimee's company and though I don't like Gina hanging around with Aimee much, I thought it would be good for her! Ha ha ha just kidding Aimee! She views the blog once in a while so I thought I would mess with her ha ha! She has been a really good friend to Gina through the hard time! Even sent her a few gifts to cheer her up. Enough to put a smile on Gina's face over the thought of it. Mine too Aimme! ;-)

But then Bad Bob shows up and again, the first time seeing Gina so she gets sensitive again. Of course again I think it's good for her to cry and get it all out. Last time it was Dixie couple weeks back. It's all good! So Bad Bob has a pretty good chat with us all had some laughs, I talked about jerk faces ha ha and actually got my bit of letting it out too ha ha! Good to talk to someone who knows what you're talking about ha ha! Oh and the talk about RBF ha ha ha! Resting Bitch Face! Thank God I married Gina, so sweet, I don't have to deal with RBF here!

But then we head back and Gina is feeling good. I think we had a nice tailwind for once. Very enjoyable and though we were just cruising, I figure a nice 16.0 average speed. But as we get further inland, it gets warmer and Gina gets more tired. About 2 miles from the finish I see 15.9 on my Garmin and thinking 16.0 will be our final and I'd be real happy with that figuring Gina hasn't been on the bike much at all.

But she starts really sweating, looking pretty worked over and the speed drops a bit. Dang it! just my personal goal but happy she held the 15.9, next time! :-P

Overall a good ride and good company. :-)

                                                                         Starting out!


Gina's good friend Aimee. She doesn't like me much but she really likes Gina.


Almost done!


My Cranky Old Bastard jersey. I love this one! :-P


Bob and his gal arrive, oh wait, he just happened to show up in the pic.


Confidence. I have to give her credit. Something sexy about most women and I'm sure somebody will enjoy this!


No comments:

Post a Comment