Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Late Eve Ride Industrial Center

Nice easy 15 mile ride at 13.1 average speed. Just wanted to spin my legs up after GMR hoping to relax them. I am going to try to do a ride with a group on Thurs eve so we'll see how it goes. A night ride and I've never been on  the course so it might be tricky in the dark ha ha!

So I tried to get out there, a little late I expected but sheesh, everybody asking me stuff while I'm trying to get ready and out the door.  I'm prepping my bike and Mom wants me to hang up a curtain rod. Small simple thing but I figure I can get it done real quick and be out the door. But then as I'm almost ready to walk out the door, Gina asks me to turn on the Netflix, sound system and everything that goes with it. Stupid Netflix takes for ever to sign on. Who is watching? Who, what where> Dang it, just turn on you bastard ha ha! Actually Netflix is pretty cool and I don't pay for it. One of the benefits of taking care of Mom. My brother has an extra name on his account so he gave me his code to sign on. Hey, Netflix should be one of the benefits of taking care of Mom while he gets to go out and do whatever they want.  Heck, I can't even get mad when I want so that I don't upset Mom. Maybe that makes me a better person, Naw it doesn't but I'm taking the free Netflix ha ha!

So I go ride around Cedar and Archibald. I had watched some crits there before and looked like a cool place. I actually rode out there at night back in like 2000. So I went out there just to test it out thinking maybe I would ride there instead of Creekside. Wasn't bad but there are big warehouses there and one is in and out the entire time. Not a threat to me but passing by the yard is super loud with all the trucks running, charging, whatever they do.

So I got used to that and dark enough that I can easily tell if a truck comes from behind me. If so, would be 1/8 of a mile away at least so no danger. But what did scare the crap our of me is the airport just across Mission Blvd. WOW! I'm riding thinking I'm clear then BOOM! I think it's a truck that crept up on me unaware but I look around hoping to save my life and nothing. Took me a bit to figure out is was the airplanes starting up ha ha!

But otherwise it was good for a relaxing cruise.

Believe it or not, I got lost a bit in the industrial center. Everything looks square. So I rode up a little street  I had not been on before. Up, a little across, then down and what the heck? Where am I? This road really threw me off. I had to ride the loop 4 times trying to do it and get back to the right place but every time I made a wrong turn ha ha! WTH! Finally I realized what it was doing. Wow, pretty tricky.

So I wanted to do just 10 but after getting lost and exploring, I had 12 when I looked down at my Garmin. Oh well, let me do that other street a couple of times to figure it out even more so I ended up doing 15 easy miles.

I didn't think it was that late but heading home, it was almost 11 PM ha ha!

                          Oh well, other than this tricky little street, intersection, it was cool.




The Flash ha ha!


Old Fart and yes, red blinkie on the helmet via velcro strip and on seat post as well. Safety first.


No comments:

Post a Comment