Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I Missed My Calling (Hair Stylist) & Lights

So I have never used a rubber strap mounted light. All my rear light secured by plastic mounts provided by Cygolite.

But I did buy a $10 rear USB light on ebay with a rubber strap just to experiment with the rubber strap mounts. This light is pretty cool but the strap is pretty flimsy. I figured I'd try it and see how long it lasts but not wanting to lose it, I figured I'd use a wrist strap as a tether. Couple bucks on ebay and I needed some back ups for my go pro recorders, and a couple extras.

So I used the lasso style on the thin section hooking onto the rubber strap where it is less likely to break as the light is secured by the second hole of the band. Than a lasso onto a vent of the helmet. Then secure light with the rubber strap onto the helmet.

Heck, I'd bet it's not noticeable at night and the weight my slow my average speed by .2 but it won't fall off! 




Also I got some new pads for my helmet on ebay. $10 Foam style but much better than the old stinky worn ones that were in there ha ha. A wash, new pads, and still a little stink but it feels like a new helmet. This is my workhorse helmet. Night ride for the lights, solo rides, and helmet light straps, takes a beating but keeps on ticking!





 I love long hair but Gina's grows pretty long. But every now and then she likes to have it trimmed saying it is hard to manage and looks scraggly. So I have trimmed it a couple of times and I think it comes out pretty nice. 

Last year she had her sister, who is a stylist, trim it for her and honestly, it looked like crap ha ha ha! So this time she asked me to do it again and I did. Came out nice and I'm starting to think I missed my calling.

                                            

                 It was down to about mid peach! I liked it but she said it was too hard to handle!

                                                I do love the white streaks though!


Nope, she didn't pay me but the agreement was that I get to take a pic without a top on so I could see it well. She knows me though, I just wanted an excuse to see her topless ha ha ha! Worth the effort of a trim!


I think it looks rather nice. She wanted it kind of short knowing it will grow back fast. 
I will say it looks much nicer than when her sister cut it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment