Saturday, March 2, 2013

SART 3/2/13

About 44 miles today with Jose, Herb & Alyce. Alyce a bit under the weather today had planned to cut off a bit early to take care of some medical business but to my surprise she finished out the ride. The 5 of us started together heading to Yorba Park then back to the coast. A quick pit stop at the Honda Center park as usual, a quick hello to Jesus then we were off. Ran across Ron & Dixie flying by the opposite direction. A quick stop at the park then headed out.

Herb took a long pull heading to the coast so we just hung on. This always tickles me as mentioned before. We roll passed some dude, then seconds later he blows by. He power sprints for like 1/2 mile then he's done and we roll by again at cruising speed. I guess I'll never understand why a slower rider wants to turn it into a race when we roll by. Oh well, something to add entertain while posting my videos ha ha!

Very nice day, warm and sunny. I thought it was summer when we rolled into the beach stop. There was Angie and Jeff and their tandem taking a break. Soon after Tammy and Alan rolled up. Alan shows and what happens, the sun hides. Got cool and almost looked like rain clouds. Hanging around Alan will do that ha ha!

Alex2 shows up then Jordan who we hadn't seen in a while. Wow, he's on his roadie and sew ups. cool wheels! So we all head back just rolling at a good pace. Gina was at the front for a bit so I thought I'd move a little back for a good view of the group.  I swear she surprises me, most times when I don't want to be surprised ha ha! She put a gap on me so I had to work hard to regain contact. So once I catch up, Jordan and Pete move up to the front. Great now I have to work even harder ha ha! We did have a good smooth pace for most of the return. By this time Alex2 had joined us so we had 3 strong riders at the front holding pace. Gina did very well considering she lectured me early in the ride for going fast. It's OK when it's somebody else at the front ha ha!

I was at the font doing a decent pace making sure Gina would stay on when Jordy pulled to the front and said, "Let me help!". I knew it was on, he picked up the pace then I think it was Alex that hopped the front. Now we're rolling! Gina fell back not being able to hold that pace but we were close to the end and finished with the bad part of town so I rolled with it. We were rolling then Pete moved to the front and lifted the pace even more. Now we are really rolling! I knew someone was behind me and I caught a glimpse of blue. It's Alan! Hey, I didn't know the dude could roll that fast. I thought he was far behind with Tammy and Gina.

Well we got to the end of our ride then turned off at the fire station. We shouted but Jordan kept rolling, oh OK! Maybe he's in a hurry to get somewhere. We stopped then he returned a few minutes later, where did everybody go ha ha! He didn't realize we had turned off. Alan was looking good and so was Tammy, she was right behind us. Now Gina, she was a little ways back so I'm going to have a chat with her about her training ha ha!

















Gina sporting the new helmet (we match now!)


Poor Pete. I couldn't get off a pic without other people photobombing the pic ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment