Sunday, March 10, 2013

Windy SART 3/10/13


Pics for now, I spent my time loading videos for Go Pro to show them what kind of junk the Go Pro 3 has turned to to be. First I had pink videos with my original recorder. They replaced the recorder under warranty and now the replacement recorder is showing pink streaks first time out on the bike. Yeah, it's fun wasting my bike time having to contact them and load videos from their junky recorder. So I'll post my video later!

Wow, what a windy ride! With the time change I set the alarm clock a bit late figuring I didn't want the time to feel too much different so I ......Meh, the truth, I wanted to sleep in ha ha! Well we did so we got a late start on SART. Heading out to Imperial the huge flag near Tustin was in full bloom so I knew we'd be working hard on the way to the coast. Heading out of Imperial I was working hard and holding 12 MPH. Got a little better after Lincoln then kicked up again after Edna Park. I know Gina was tired from the day before so I was expecting her to say "uncle" somewhere along the line. In fact we picked up a passenger right after the wooden bridge. Friendly fella so hey, it was cool that he hopped on for the ride. Because he was there I think Gina gave it a little more than usual trying to stay with me even though she was pretty tired.

Somewhere along the line we passed a few more riders, 2 of which hopped on the back as we rolled by. Gina knew the first guy was on but had no idea about the others. Whoah, talk about windy, those little underpass inclines were tough with the stiff headwind. Gina fell slightly behind on a couple so I backed off a bit to let her catch back on. She said she thought the dude would pass her  when she fell back but I don't think he was having an of it ha ha! He was happy to back off an let her catch back on ha ha!

Once we reached the coast the dude rolled up and thanked me for the pull. Cool! So we kicked back at the beach stop with Tony for a while then he headed off alone. Gina and I stayed for a bit longer then headed back hoping to have some sunlight when we got home. I offered to wash her car, why did I do that ha ha! Not long after we left the coast we ran across Tammy & Alan heading the opposite way. Then not long after that Herb & Alyce. They turned around and joined us for the final 10 mile return. It was a nice tailwind so we just cruised back. I'm betting Gina was happy as it was one nice cool down from a hard day's work.

Once we got back to the cars we were conversatin' with Herb & Alyce when Alan & Tammy rode up. Ha ha, that' when the fun began. Herb played photographer for us!


                                               Nobody here but Tony and us chickens


                                      OK, post ride stretch. Leave it to Alan, wrong way, do over!


                                                 There we go! Post ride stretch done right!


                                                        Ah Alan, I just love this guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment