Monday, June 1, 2020

Action Camera Mounts and Accessories (Go Pro mounts suck!!!)

Wish someone had told me about this stuff years ago! But they didn't so I am telling anyone who will listen ha ha! Yeah, Go Pro overpriced cheap plastic junk mounts. Get rid of that stuff and buy some inexpensive aluminum parts on ebay.

Again, ebay has guaranteed delivery dates, usually 5 days away and if it's late, you get a $5 voucher for your next purchase. I got a couple of mounts for $6 which means I paid 2 after free shipping.

Smatree, good stuff, wrench fits most but not the Chinese thumb screws.

Forevercam wrench fits all alum screws but can't find alone. Had to buy in a set with mount. $12 or so with wrench and screw, not bad.

Maximal Power, SUCKS! They claim the wrench fits all go pro screws. DIDN'T EVEN FIT THEIR OWN BRAND, WHAAAT! I bought 2 wrenches as they are available separately but didn't work with their brand or GO PRO as they claimed. The screws are good but no fit wrench! I did grind down the inside of one at the tabs so it works but I can't figure out if it is mismatched or just lousy machining as the seemed to have a high point on the tab. Either way, I can make them work but shouldn't be that way.

The hb mounts, crazy, 2 for $6 ???? I paid $59 for one K Edge 8 years ago. Also available, all sorts of little thingies. I bought a little mounting section in black just to mix and match to see if it worked.

Ebay, super service and delivery BUT LOOK FOR THE LITTLE LOGO "free fast shipping". The ebay stores earn that title so they must work to keep it.

I also ordered a part without the logo just to see what would happen. It arrived 22 days before the estimated delivery date. Look at the reviews to see if anyone says fast shipping.

I hate Amazon! They told me that if I order over $25 that I got free 5-8 day shipping. So I increased my order then when I received my confirm, it said delivery date was a month away. I should have canceled but didn't realize the ebay stores had the part I was looking for. All I got from Amazon were offers to pay more money to increase the delivery date. What a rip off! No more Amazon for me! I'm all about ebay.

A great store on ebay is TRAILTHIS. Chamois butter 8 oz tubes for $42, 3 for $33. Kind of hit and miss as sometimes they are sold out. But $10 each? Heck, the local shops and net sales sell them for $18 each. I turned on one of my cycling buddies and he was excited saying the best he could do was $14 at his favorite net stop. Lots of cool stuff there.

So anyway, here is some of the stuff I picked up on ebay. Pretty much the platsic go pro crap I have is tucked away in the lower drawer of my go pro stuff storage box. I tried the alum wrenches with the plastic go pro screws, only showed me how lousy the go pro plastic junk really is!

Kind of long but I got a lot of crap ha ha!

Why did I make the video? I see there are not many reviews on this stuff and seen too many ass hats building up the crappy ass go pro mounts that break and allow your recorder to tumble at 30 mph on mountain descents.

Bunch of guys getting paid for dishonest reviews so they can make money bullshitting people! I do it out of honesty and for the good of the consumers. Don't care to get paid for my videos, cycling, reviews or whatever, just passing on honest info so people can save money and enjoy good toys.

Those guys I watch giving bad info, suggesting crap that doesn't work so the mfg'ers pay them piss me off and make me want to punch them in the face ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment