Saturday, July 8, 2023

Solo 40 in California

 Solo 40 miles, Pico to Azusa mountains.  


My ride   my little RELIVE  video


Too many freaking clowns on bikes. 🤡 As soon as I started, some clown is stopped on the side of the trail,  As soon as I roll by, he starts chasing me. Then ends up on my wheel.  I'm not out there to pull other riders so I leN way over for my water bottle and take a swig forcing him to pass. Looking back the whole next 2 miles or so. I let him get about 40 yards ahead.  We hit the gentle grade that lasts the next 3 miles.  Ok time, lifted the pace to catch up then on a steep step up in the trail,  I stomp it and keep pushing the final mile till he's vanished from the scene. 

   Hen the dam climb! 11 percent max but only 1/3 mile I think.  Some dude comes from the north and tries to catch me on the climb. I  don't care, I'm a big guy, the small guys should pass me. He gets close but no dice.  Half way across the dam he flies by me. 1 mile later he fades.  At the wilderness center   I rol easily by him on a grade but I'm trying this time just for fun.  I let him pass me again playing around the about 1/2 a mile from Encanto Park,  I pa him as he tried to take my wheel on the gentle grade. F him this time, I put it in high gear and drop his little ass. Yeah, ya didn't drop this big guy, did ya? 😄 I kept on to the top as ever turned off to Encanto about 1/8 of a mile behind me.

Oh what a feeling to b a big guy hammering up a grade crushing a little guy who was trying to show off. 😄


Nt done yet, taking a break to eat my ice cream. 😁

Ok I'm back! Darn Baskin Robbins. 😋


so anyway,  make my way to the top of the trail, couple of pics then head back. 

About 1 mile down I'm approaching a dude and 2 kids. One teen and the other about 10.  I'm cautious calling out making a safe pass. I'm just about all the way to the left passing  when some idiot comes blowing around me squeezing through a narrow gap at about 25 mph. I call out naming him an idiot.  He continues on pushing hard trying to impress strava with his impressive speed. 

As I pass the dad,   I tell him there are too many idiots around here. Later I run into the family at Encanto Park and I tell dad how well skilled his 10 year old kid is, ending in a preposition ha ha ha. 

At the end of my ride, I go on Steve's strava and leave a few words about his lousy choices. He blocked me but I found a way to flag his ride and explain the sit-cheeation to strava.  It's flagged! 😄

But anyway,  still digging the Bryton GPS and trying out the red hb mount. I  did this time use a dab ofthread tight to keep the screws fastened.  After 3 rides with the black mount  the light screws worked loose so I learned my lesson.  Now they all get thread lock. Well not the GPS plastic fitting as the screws are easy access.  

Just having fun with my ebay stuff. Luke my Chevrolet sun screen for my windshield. 

Oh yeah,  did order some oakley after market lenses as a test. Trying to cheap out. Not really as I don't need them, just testing. 

Looked cool, the silver chrome finish.  But as soon as I stepped into the sun, my eyes just about crossed with the distortion.  I can't ride my bike like this. 

But the day I received them in the mail,  the outfit was bugging me for a 5 star rating.  Sorry I can't,  they suck. 

So they offer me a second lens free of charge for a 5 star rating.  Sorry man, what good is it having 2 sets of lenses ready to be tossed in the trash.  So they offer to return my $17.

Sorry man, its worth losing 17 bucks knowing I get to post an honest review of their poor product.  

Too many ofvthose 99.2% positive ratings are bull I'm sure. Yeah, if they keep paying off customers. I'd rather be honest and count my losses.







A little lunch with Gina after the ride. 





No comments:

Post a Comment