Saturday, December 23, 2023

SART Saturday

 47 mostly solo miles on SART.  New and old friends.  Met Roman, and chatting with already buddies,  Paul,  George,  Ron and Dixie, Rio, and, I think that's it.😄

But anyway,  I was riding south near Lincoln when some dude on a singlespeed went flying by. Some other dude on his wheel I saw earlier,  one of those wheelsuucker types. Eventually pulled off but the singlespeed kept flying away. 

As I arrived at the beach,  it was Roman.  Just met but we had some good bike chat. Friendly guy and strong rider. Now friends on Strava,  he did an 18.2 average on his 43 mile ride. Nice! 

Later ran into Ron and Dixie.  Heading the opposite way,  I shouted but they kept going so I had to double back trying to catch them.  Good thing for the bridge, I can shout a lot faster than I can ride. 😄 Had a little go pro  screw wrench I wanted to give to Ron. 

Almost solo other than the 2 miles with Rio. Dude is fast. He rolled by shouting to take his wheel. I did but he was easily doing 20 into the wind.  It was almost too easy. I like doing my own efforts most times so I really felt like I was cheating.  

It did get windy down the way so after I turned off into the park,  Rio kept going. I stopped maybe 4 minutes.  As I continued to the coast, I saw Rio heading back around Moon park,  5 miles from the coast.  I'm thinking he didn't go to the coast because no way could he get 10 miles ahead in 4 minutes. Hmm, I'm thinking he turned back early. 

But another good ride. Not many cyclists out, guessing they were out Christmas shopping. 😃

Got home then did Fondue Date Night,  again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment