Saturday, January 27, 2024

Ride in California

 Solo 41 miles at 15.8 average speed.  Powered by homemade Salsa. Mother in law loves making salsa and I love eating it 😋  Pico de Gallo, is her favorite and I love eating that too ha ha ha. 

So rolling to the coast,  I was soft pedaling.  Not realizing how windy it was till I was half way there, 10 miles in. I noticed that all the riders heading the opposite way seemed to be struggling.  None were going fast. So I knew I'd better conserve. 

Soft pedaling with a 17.2 average for the 20 miles to the coast, 20 miles.  Sure enough when I headed back,  I felt the stiff headwind.  Heart rate of 155 doing 13 mph and passing others ha ha ha. 

The first 10 miles back,  average dropped 1 whole mph. Bummer but a good workout.  I did see a group of 4 guys in orange kits. Seemed friendly enough and after 3 miles of wind heading back,  I THOUGHT  about latching on as they rolled by seeing they were gradually passing me at a pace not sprinting.  

But! As good as it sounded,  I chose to pass and stay on my own to build some character. 😄 I always feel like I'm cheating myself when I take a ride that makes my ride easier.  I'd rather get the workout and struggle a bit rather than take the easy way out,  really does build character. 😁

My HR should be 160 but resetting the target at 180 looks a little more right to me. So the numbers today seem to match what I was feeling. 







No comments:

Post a Comment