Actually Emmitt S. From Strava. New rider but very serious and determined. Cool Dude 😎 Met at the Peck Rd Water Conservation Park having a good chat. New socks from Aerotech so had to try them out. 3 for $20 but of course shipping takes it close to 30. But decent socks. Gina likes them, said they're soft. 😁 Of course I had to snap a few pics of the socks in action. Pretty much the Emerald Necklace loop, out and back.
Dude Emmitt was really cool. Only cycling 4 months and already doing some really good rides. 70 and 100 coming up in a week or two. Seemed really excited about cycling, good for him! Exchanged kudos on Strava but I noticed he was not on the fly bys. So I mentioned it figuring he would get a kick out of it being new to Strava as well and having a lotta friends already. He didn't know about it so he said he's going to look into it.
New Aerotech shorts and socks.
I have to say good things about Aerotech customer service. Honestly, I was a little upset because I ordered solid black socks but some reason, they sent white with black stripes. Felt like I was back in the 1970's ha ha ha! Immediately I sent an email to one of the reps and not a nice one I have to say. The second he got it, he said they were sending out the correct 3 pair of socks and a return label so that I could send the incorrect shipment back.
I was really happy because some of the other things I have ordered on the net that turned out incorrect, I would have to send back, have it processed and approved then they would send the correct item. I call bull sheot on this method. I mentioned it to the CS rep, I said it was there freaking mistake and I was going to have to wait 3 weeks now for the process? He was great, sent and email immediately stating they were sending out the correct socks that day. Awesome, no waiting like I thought and 3 days later, there they are on the doorstep. Appreciated !!!
So of course, another email with a %15 discount on the 8+ hour shorts? I ordered a 3rd pair. The first two felt so good that Gina suggested I order another pair. Who and I to argue?
I had a good time with the first Black Bibs I ordered with the red pad. Felt good but the next order I got was a green new updated pad. Just can't LIKE that one! It seems to stick on my skin. You know what it's like having a pad stick to your balls for 40 miles? Ha ha ha! This Aerotech pad is rather slick and much more comfy. Of course $119 vs the $35 of the Black Bibs. Seemed worth it with the first couple pair but the new style, like I said, I just can't like the pad and like Gina says, even at 3 times the price, it's worth it if they work and feel much better. Who am I to argue? 😆😁😆





No comments:
Post a Comment