Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy Rough New Year Ride For Gina Today

40 miles @ 15.2 average speed. I think she did too much Christmas shopping! We started off alone and she did pretty good. I thought about doing 36 to the Circle K but hey, it's New Years and I figured she would do OK on the 40 (Imperial bridge, not to Yorba Park). But I was wrong. She had a tough time the last 4 or 5 miles and if I had settled for the shorter ride, she probably would have had a bit more fun on the ride. Oh well, maybe that will help her figure out her cycling goals for the new year he he he! Saw Fabulous Frank roll by, I think he's out of retirement now. Also saw Alex at the coast but seemed he was in a hurry to get on with his ride.

It did seem a bit breezy heading to the coast but not as much wind as the last 2 weeks. Once at the coast we ran into Mark and Gail so we headed back with them. Gina said her legs were already hurting but I thought she would be OK. But a couple miles from Edna Park, her legs really pooped out on her. I think she needs more hill training ha ha!

So anyway, I got a flat! But luckily it was my day as it happened in the last 20 yards or so! Have to say, it will take a couple more rides for Gina to get back up to speed!








No comments:

Post a Comment