Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Holy cow, I may have got it!

https://youtube.com/shorts/p1Mmw2TEdWA?feature=share  


Wow,  been a while. Had some issues with family that really put a spin on life. So I have all my editing stuff and big computer in storage and haven't been able to figure out this big mess trying to get back on my blog as all my auto sign on and passwords are recorded on files on my big computer. 

I couldn't get onto YouTube as well. Finally figured out that I had to sign out of Google. This crap is confusing at times. 

So working, got money, benefits and even having some dental work done through my ppo.

But most importantly, still riding my bike. 

Let me explain my latest sitcheeashun.

I went back to work.  Got my vaccination then 4 days later,  got a decent paying job.   Gina and I make just about the same amount so we're in good shape now. Of course I have no bills and she does so the way I figure it,  I'm ahead ha ha ha.  

So when I applied for some jobs,  there were plenty because others are still taking advantage of the covid situation. 

I applied and 3 days later had a job.  Little decision to make.  2 jobs were in the QC field which I do but night shifts.  I've done about 13 years so wasn't happy but willing. 

But! The third job was a more physical job in manufacturing.  I wasn't too thrilled about it but my brain said DAYSHIFT. I can be with Gina every night. 

First month was murder on my legs wearing steel toe boots and carrying steel. Every day I came home beat. I worked at a steel company in my early in 30's but now, at 59? I had my doubts.

But I gave it a try because they are very cool people.  Only 14 people but nice outfit.  Heck. Breakfast about 3 times a week,  BBQ  and fancy meals every so often. They take care of us. Strangely enough  the whole crew works well together and I've gotten some great reviews. 

I was worried about the physical part but figuring I've always been a strong guy, I stuck in there hoping my strength would come back.  And it did. I woke up one morning and my legs felt like gold.  

Another month goes by and I've dropped some inches and tightened up the waist. My legs feel awesome now and my upper body strength has come back around. 

I feel like I'm getting paid to work out and I really feel it on the bike.  My bike just wants to roll.   I feel freaking strong now. And, I have all the money I need for bike stuff ha ha ha. A whole lot more than I've had over the last 3 years working in a situation where nobody pays you. 

So we're good and much happier now than we've been for a while. 


Ok, now I can't find the insert image icon 😤 

Ah, freaking got it 👍 

Some recent ride pics. I did 5,010 in 2021. Started working in January so I slowed for a few months but getting back on track with the daily workouts (the job 😄) and feeling feeling strong. 

The pic with the beer. My buddy Tony is an awesome friend so now that I went back to work and making some dough,  I thought I'd buy him a beer and have one with him.  

   I haven't had a beer in 30 years.  I just don't care for them so Tony introduced me to a little something different in beer. Not too bad and better than I remember but, I'm still just not a beer person ha ha ha. 😄


https://youtube.com/shorts/p1Mmw2TEdWA?feature=share

















Turning my rides into taco 🌮 and 🍩 donut rides.  Jose and I eating tacos but still getting in a 40 miler at 17.4 average speed. 



Just some I've seen out there. These guys saw my old FART jersey and asked to take a pic with me because they were wearing duck FART club jerseys.  Strange but I had about 4 people ask to take my jersey pic that day.



 As far as Gina,  she's doing well but a bit shy getting back on the bike after having been taken down by a homeless guy taking her down.  He crossed the trail at a blind spot on a cruiser and a leash with a pit bull. Straight across without looking. Some damage to her bike but nothing drastic. More gun shy now. But doing well. 



She did lose her second son about 2 months ago.  Also kidney failure as was her first son who passed 3 years ago at 38 (Chris) .Most recent at 35 was Richard.  Now she's sad saying she has no more children.  Pretty sad but she's actually handling it well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment