Saturday, October 12, 2024

A1C Ride

 Solo 46 miles on SART. 15.3 average speed. Haven't been on the bike much lately and with all the party eating I have done going out to restaurants and working weekends has caught up with me. Going back to Kaiser benefits, they have the old records of my diabetes so they have sent a ton of email, texts, and phone calls suggesting I go in for some tests. All sorts, eyes, blood levels, they have been hounding me ha ha ha! But of course, knowing is the key. Turns out my A1C is higher than it should be so here I am, back on a strict diet and exercise. Cool, no problem, beat it before and again I will without drugs.

So just a nice ride today after a week of eating well. Wow, what a big difference. I feel great! Eating dry Cheerios on the way to work. I could get up 20 minutes earlier to eat a bowl at home with milk but heck no, getting up at 4 am up everyday is enough. I'll eat them dry. 4 lemon wedges for break. Turkey sandwich and cucumbers for lunch then a sensible dinner. Feeling great!




Cucumbers the hard way, apple cider vinegar ha ha ha!


Really bruised this time. Didn't hurt at all so I'm shocked with the bruising.


Sizzler, a petite steak and about a cup of rice. I can still eat here as this is about what I am supposed to eat. 6 oz steak. No more Black Angus and Outback! :-(


No more 31 flavors, mocha lattas, or pretzels at the mall. But I can drink coffee and it's only $2.50 at Mrs. Fields. Better than the $8 for a flavored water, ice cream, mocha latta. Cheaper and healthier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment