1st of July Ride, well 2nd of July but 1st of July Ride 😁 40 miles. Just more exercise keeping healthy. Nice easy HR but I am surprised it wasn't much higher with the wind. Someday....I'll get a ride without so much wind. 🤣 Pico Rivera to Azusa Cyn & back.
Did meet a lady named Tasha out walking for exercise. We started chatting and wow, what a story. She's had some serious back issues, arthritis, this and that and all kinds of wicked life experiences. She found Jesus and has some success stories in her life. Good for her! Mexican American lady almost my age so we had some good conversation about the way life used to be growing up with Grandma making tortillas and always eating as a celebration or a visit. Probably why our families are riddled with diabetes. Now that we know better, we can only improve and again, good for her, she's on the right track.
We talked about her past experience being married twice, bot bad sadly. Some other misfortunes that I won't go into seeing it doesn't matter but a great success comeback story. I did tell her that it's sad the way that MANY men treat women. I told her about my family experiences and told her that I did not understand why so many men treated their wives that way. So I told her that Gina is the most beautiful person I have ever met. Probably the sexiest as well and being so humble and shy, it just makes her qualities shine even more. I told her that she had misunderstood me when we met being scared to take some steps that would have set us up for life. I followed her and here we are!
But I told her that though we were not rich, we were happy and set well enough that I really don't want for anything. I have bikes and everything I have ever wanted for my toy collections though I never really wanted too much. There is more to love and life than just spending money on expensive toys. I told her how I would by Stroop Wafels instead of Honey Stingers, RockBros gloves instead of Pearl Izumi. Heck, the stuff works so I use it and don't need to impress anyone with possessions.
I told her that I wasn't rich but I had more than what I need to get by then she said, "I can tell you are different, you ARE RICH and you give me hope that someday I might find someone that loves me the way you love your wife." Aw, that was nice but it's true because Gina is so sweet, she deserves it. I told her that even though I love the female anatomy and highly admire it, I have no reason to risk what I have over another woman. Heck, I've never known anyone that treats people the way Gina treats loved ones. I told her that even when I met Gina, she thought I was dating all kinds of women. Far from the truth, people thought I was but not that kind of guy. Heck, even one of my uncles told me when I was about 22, "I bet you get all kinds of pu$$y". Nah, I told him, I just like to have fun and be safe. Kind of a crazy uncle from the ghetto but at least he had faith in my abilities ha ha ha! And yeah, being a confident person, I could have had a lot but just not my style wanting something that meant more than just a one night thing. Something special and I found it in Gina. I guess knowing I felt this way about Gina really impressed the lady.
Wouldn't be the first time I heard that, been told that I am rich in more ways than one. I believe it knowing there is more to life than impressing people with possessions, income, and/or status. Heck, whenever something happens or some sit-chee-ation or person that challenges me, Gina will say, "they don't know who they are messing with!" ha ha ha! Funny but I see it as true and nice to know that she feels that way. So cool lady and we had a good relationship right off the line. Always cool to meet someone that is pretty near you in life and experiences.
Speaking of saving money in my cycling life, I just can't help buying things that save money. I mentioned stroopwafels before. I looked for them in our nearest Wally World but couldn't find them realizing that this was not the location I purchased them so Gina just about demanded that I buy a box of honey Stingers. 6 for $9. Sure I'm happy but I just missed saving money.
So we went to the bigger Wally World where I previously purchased them. Ah, there they are! On sale for $4. 50, Gina suggested I buy 2 boxes. Now that's my pleasure, 2 x 8, 16 🧇 waffles for $9. 👌
I had 3 honey Stingers remaining in one box. I use them for certain rides and the stroopwafels more often being budget friendly.
So now I have 3 left from one box and a new. 2 new boxes of stroopwafels. So in my stash right now, I have a grand total of 25 waffles 🧇.....😆😄😆
Oh well, I see it as motivation to ride! 👍
No, those aren't MY fingers. 😁







No comments:
Post a Comment