Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Testing My Mechanical Skills Tour (video tomorrow)

 Testing My Mechanical Skills Tour...Solo 30 miles. Got my Madone back on the road.  New mid chain ring, shifters, all cables,  and a good cleaning.  Replaced the ring as it started acting up & having to remove the crank. The hood ripped, had been replaced 2 times but couldn't find more and not paying $150 on ebay for a used junk one to get the hood. So gave Sora a try being the only new 9 speed around.  Good reviews and it actually worked great. Reviews said Sora now is better than 105 from 2005 which I had. Thought I had a cassette in my stash but only a new chain so ordered the cassette but after today's ride,  I don't think I need them yet but good to stock up. Also cables are routed under the bar tape so no more extensions for the gopro mounts. 👍 Worked flawlessly but I'm thinking cables will break in a bit soon. Oh yeah,  I got more sore doing the work than riding it bending in ways I haven't for a while ha ha ha. 🤣 The red thing is a top cap screw given to me by TC on a psat birthday.  Good to have the Madone back on the road but I was having plenty of fun riding the Cannondale over the last year and a half.  Finally found the time to fix the Madone.  😄

91 degrees. More later.

















No comments:

Post a Comment