Thursday, August 20, 2026

Doing LSD in the Sun Tour 🌞

 Doing LSD in the Sun Tour 🌞.....Long Slow Distance. πŸ˜„ I don't know if that's actually LONG, but it's slow. πŸ˜† Going easy for the heat warning. Not too bad but downed about 11 large bottles of fluids to be sure, electrolytes and water. Good thing I'm the type to pay attention to my surroundings, tree 🌳 down! 😲 Target is 300 miles per month hitting 324 today so I'm doing ay't! 😁

                                             Almost done, 6 miles left. Time for a photoshoot


Felt good on the ride. Cleaned and lubed the chain so the bike ran really well and smoothly. I'm really surprised at how well it is running. I always tell myself that when I win the lotto, I'm going to buy a new tech roadie but lately, being back on the Madone, I really don't think I need all the new stuff. Heck, it's all about riding the bike. Seeing all these wussies bailing out for e-bikes, I can't help but think that I'm doing more than well enough actually pedaling my bike unlike all those, well you, pussies out there. Like I said, I believe in doing my own physical work. If I can't ride 100 ore 60 miles someday, I'll do 40. If I can't do 40, I'll do 20 as long as I don't puss out. And one thing I really dislike nowadays is the wussies using motors boasting about how far they rode their bikes. In some bike groups, postings by wussies claiming to have hit so many miles this month. SO What you wuss, try pedaling your bike!!!


Tree down and across the trail


Seal Beach. The pier is down the way and this area, way too far to see the water, not much action




I was totally shocked! I suggested Gina take off a day from work on Tuesday. She's been doing 11 hour days and 5 to 8 on Saturdays. Very busy at work and the others in her position have left. Another new hire that worked there for a few weeks then decided to leave because of small children, the drive, and the long hours as well as Saturdays. Another employee there but I won't say much about that ha ha ha! So, I told her that she should take a day off as all the others have taken several but Gina is the doesn't call into work type. So I suggested it saying that once the other gal leaves, she's going to have a hard time taking a day off. She agreed so we spent the day together. 

Lunch at Los Jarritos. Always good but don't visit much any longer avoiding the things that are just too good and not good for my health ha ha ha! I did cheat, shared a small order of nachos as well then to the Montclair Plaza, our old hangout. A visit to Candy Land where they have some really cool old candies that I remember from the 60's. So heck, already cheated today so might as well make the best of it, had a couple candy bars too and sharing with Gina, maybe not as bad as I could have been ha ha ha!





Gina did see some Clark sandals on sale at Macy's so I talked her into buying them. Better than just switching her old sandals with the new ones and leaving them there ha ha ha! That's a joke for the slow people. But she was really happy with her new sandals, she just tossed the old ones into the bag and then into the trash. It was time!





Came across a post in a bike group that asked, what got you cycling?  Reminded me of how I got started as an adult. This is my story. 1992 when I started cycling on a challenge.

I've always played sports and at 29, still playing on a traveling softball team. Working at a company that had over 2,000 employees, we had a gym, various leagues in different sports. Always being an athlete, I did well in all of them but 3 VEGETARIANS that worked with me about 10% body fat said that I was strong, could run fast but they bet only for a short time. They bet that I did not have any cardio so they challenged me to get a bike, hybrids and claimed that I would not be able to keep up with them on a 60 mile bike ride. Uhhh ok! I was 6'1 and 220 pounds. They were 5'10 max and 150 pounds I'm guessing. We started the ride, I checked what they had then they got tired so I took the front pushing the pace. After the first 20 miles, one puked and the other pooped out and decided to turn back. I won the bet but best of all, I started to like the cycling. 1992 and I haven't stopped yet. Big mistake too many cyclist make, underestimating the big guys. Done some timed events, 100 miles with 10,000 ft climbing and did very well. This was 1992 when the skinny people said there was no way I could keep up with them, I was too big! πŸ˜†



No comments:

Post a Comment