Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday SART an Good To Know People!

Edit: OK so just like I thought. Last night I start feeling really sick., coughing, sore throat, aches and pains. Maybe the flu but no work for me today, sucks! I think it was a lady at work who passed it my way. :-(


So this guy Fabulous Frank, well he is in an industry that really came as a blessing to us this week. I won't say what industry he is in cause I don't want the entire nation sending him messages asking for favors ha ha! But Gina needed a service and it was about $200. Fabulous Frank (I knew there was a reason I called him that! :-P) had mentioned before what he did for a living. Heck came in real handy for us. We had tried to offer him money but he refused. So we had to keep twisting his arm till he finally accepted it. Think, a service comes to you, saves you lots of cash and time, at least take the $50! He had finally accepted it but before he did he said instead of money he would be happy if we let him beat us to the beach one time ha ha! Jut a joke cause he's a strong rider but Gina said that ain't going to happen, she'd rather pay the $50 ha ha! All jokes of course! Frank saved us a bundle of money and time, thanks Frank!

So then todays' ride, man I was really tired today. I guess the 58 hour weeks at work in safety shoes really takes it's toll on the legs. Rode well yesterday but last night I ate a sucky trashy dinner (thanks to an unexpected visitor who stayed till 11:30. Threw me off my regular pasta dinner. So I'm thinking the food was not that hot cause my stomach today was upset all day on the ride. Felt like puking! But we did pretty well. I knew I was not feeling the love today so we did a shorted 35 miler (16.6 average).

Well at our break stop I was not feeling good and I removed my water bottle and left it at the fountain. That is where Joaquin comes in ha ha! We were at the coast knowing he would begin his ride at Edna about noon. So a text and a few minutes later my bottle arrives at the coast to meet me ha ha! Thanks Joaquin.

It was a tough ride today. I pulled most the way but near the soccer fields I finally said uncle and let Jose pull. He was spot on today so a nice steady pull did wonders for my recovery. Gina was riding well and I thought she might end up passing and dropping me. I was truly worried today but finally about he last mile she pooped out. I was so happy ha ha!

Ran into Bad Bob, The Legend Greg and their buddy at the coast. managed a couple of pics. The Legend had a hip replacement a few months ago. I seem to forget about it but he's out and riding well now. No naked guy in the restroom today so the highlight was pretty much having a good conversation with Bad Bob and the boys. :-P

                                                 Fabulous Frank and a happy Gina!


The guy in the red/white helmet caught us from behind then took a break. Kodak moment ha ha!


Jose did a good job at the front today!



Gina's tan lines on her back finally evening out!


I don't ride at the back enough! :-P


I don't hesitate when she tells me to take a selfie, heck I take 2!



Joaquin......and my bottle in his rear cage ha ha!


The Legend with a new hip!


Bad Bob!


Their buddy!


Glad Jose was there to help us today!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Beanz ! How's the new job been going ? Must be keeping you busy, missing your ride reports. Hope all is well with,,Gina, and Calf. crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! Making a bundle at work but no time to spend it ha ha! People tell me this is the way to go, make money and save for the future. Sounds good but almost seems like I have no life 'now'. My luck I'll die on the job and somebody else will get my money ha ha! Will be riding this Saturday so I got at least one report coming soon. :-P

      Delete