Sunday, October 1, 2017

Got My Mojo

No, not my mojo riding, more like mojo potatoes at Shakey's last night. On the run Gina and I just stopped in to eat. Mojo potatoes, pizza, and chicken. Boy did I feel those mojo potatoes today trying to warm up into the ride ha ha!

But not a bad ride with Gina and Aimee. I was aiming for a 16.0 average for the 40 but Gina did much better with a 16.5. She was a little tired at the end but overall very well. So 40 miles at 16.5, can't complain.

Ran into some dude at Moon Park. He was on the side of the road. As we climbed that little steep ramp, I looked back and saw he was on our wheels. Gina slowed up so I held back to wait for her. The dude went around and was pedaling like a bat out of hell. Nah, I don't chase people but you know if you go around and fade, I'm going to notice ha ha! So a mile later we roll by him and he hops on the back. I look back at him as if to say, "oh so now you want to wait for us and we're friends!". I did figure he would sprint around later on but never did. When we hit the coast, he did stop at the beach stop for a quick minute to say thanks for the lift. He said it really helped and it was a lot of fun. Yeah, fun for you cause I was at the front breaking the wind ha ha! I didn't say that, just thinking it! :-P But at least he was friendly enough to chat about it for a minute, that's cool, no snob attitude.

Later Tony and Thai rode up talking about the air show. Pretty cool but this year they did not fly near the rest stop so no pics. Bad Bob showed up for a bit to admire Joaquin's new build. Cool bike! Oh yeah, Joaquin showed up too, alone which was surprising as he usually has a group of friends riding along.

Kind of a windy day it seemed but very nice! Not hot, just enough sun but a cool breeze. :-)







                                                     Fat tires, fat...oh never mind! :-P


Nice ride with her boyfriend but we really don't need him in the pic do we? :-P


Bad Bob entertaining the gals with Trump impressions!


Rode my 1998 Cannondale. Actually prefer it over my full carbon Madone 4.7. :-O


Tony admiring the air show.


Thai admiring Tony admire the airshow. :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment