Thursday, April 12, 2018

Do Ya Think I'd Get in and Easy Spin? NO !!!

Set out this ever for an easy spin. One mile from home I hit some rock or something in the road. Daylight but hidden in the shade of the trees. Didn't think anything of it then 1/2 mile later feel my tire soft! Dammit!

I'm passing Magnolia Park when I feel it so I stop and fix it there. Thought about just going home but a mile? Can't walk, can't call cause Gina is at the hospital with her son, so I fix it then figure I may hobble home. I dunno! Getting a flat just ruins the mood of the ride. Wondering if something hidden will flatten the tire again. Did a good check of the tire, strange hole on the outer edge of the tube so all I can think is a puncture flat when I hit the object.

But I fix it and I have a second spare tube so I hit the road. Only thing is these stupid Lyzene pumps don't hit 120 so I figure I'm at 90 or so watching out so that I don't hit anything hard. All I need is a pinch flat. But oh well, get in 10 miles and that is enough. I have my lights but the flat just ruined it so cutting it short 3 or 4 miles is no biggie. At least I got in a much needed ride and stretch.

Bad thing is, I had my favorite valve cover, gold cap that I have had for 13 years. Lost it in the grass at the park. That was a long lasting loving relationship!

                                           10 miles, enough for a warm up to the weekend. :-P


2 comments:

  1. You got a flat a day early.
    Friday 13 humor :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha you are right! I didn't even think about it! But good I got it out of the way already! :-P

      Delete