Saturday, April 7, 2018

SART is OPEN Yeah Buddy!

43.5 miles with Mike today. 16.5 MPH average speed. Haven't been on the bike much lately so I was expecting a 14 MPH average ha ha! Not many long rides so I was happy with the 16.5 considering there was plenty of headwind.

Nice to see the mess cleaned up. Looked somewhat close to what it used to look like out there. A couple of detours fenced off that take you away from the Big A and the Honda Center Park. But that is OK with me. We usually use that road anyway to avoid the shit smell! No green and most of the terrain is dirt but again, that is OK! I'd rather see real dirt than scum bag dirt.

Well my legs are tired, a bit fried but happy to report my balls don't hurt as much as I was expecting ha ha! thank goodness for good bike shorts and chamois cream. :-P

Ran into Tony and Thai at the coast for a little chat. Didn't recognize Thai as he had his helmet and glasses off when we arrived, Tony was in the head so I wasn't sure ha ha!

Started at Rampart then headed to Yorba Park for the turn around. Ran into some dude there, friendly fella I guess but he says he was doing about 90 miles. OK cool. But then realized he didn't have any water bottles on his bike. Mike axed him about it and he said he just stops at the parks to drink water. OK, from Riverside, to SART to the coast?  Hmmm! Later we were rolling up on him as he had a couple minutes head start. We could see him ahead about 100 yards, then 50 then......well he vanished somewhere on the trail. :-O

Could it be he was yanking our chains about 90 miles and no water bottles? I think so myself but hey, lots of them talkers out there. I know for a fact, I would never set out on a century without water bottles. Oh yeah, he said he does it every weekend. But hasn't figured out that maybe he should take a water bottle? :-P

                 Ran across Jose R and his gang heading the opposite way. Quick wave!









Of the next two, which looks better? First is original and second is a bit saturated in color.  ;-)




Double T...Tony and Thai! :-P



My old  1997 Cannondale


Just a little pic of 3 suckers I picked up for Gina at See's. On the way home I thought I might dress them up so I stopped at Michael's for a silk flower and a little jar. Then took a pic of it just to practice the photo skills. :-P




2 comments:

  1. So much better! As one of our buds has claimed, cyclists and joggers all smiles this weekend!

    ReplyDelete