Sunday, October 28, 2018

Gina First Ride In 10 Months aaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaand .....NEW Queen of the Mountain !!!!

Ha ha ha funny! Gina's first ride in 10 months. We took it easy around the local 1 mile loop, actually a tad over a mile is each loop. 10 laps gave us 11.6 miles. Taking it easy aiming for a 10 miler after being off the bike for 10 months. The idea was to just spin around to loosen the legs. So no, we didn't even try at all and gave little effort. I was more worried about her lasing 10 miles. I know when I took the 3 months off, my legs were noodles at 10 miles on the trail doing a 30 miler. So I figured this would be smarter to start her off with 10 rather than a punishing 30.

We just cruised around the loop and she was pretty consistent with each lap. Maybe a bit of a fade on the 8th lap but still close. I get home, plug into Strava and find Gina has a QOM!!!!! :-O

Of course she has the best time for female riders but hey, she's got a QOM! Maybe only 3 other female riders but hey, she has a QOM! Just cruising she broke the previous record so I'm thinking once she gets back into shape, she'll crush her current time. Of course she doesn't care, only thinks it's funny but hey, she has a QOM! :-P

So anyway, she actually did better than I expected after 10 months but then again, I think I set a decent goal for her first ride instead of the torturous first rides some guys put their wives through after a break or just starting off. The goal is to get them riding and make it enjoyable. I mean who wants to ride again after a beat me down ride?

                                          Wore my Mark's Bicycle Shop jersey again today.


This runner saw us roll by then tried to keep up with us. He did pretty good for a bit.


QOM !!!!!


I let her wear my Elmo jersey today. It's a bit snug on me so I let her represent today! 


QOM leaving me behind! :-P


Nice mellow loops around the hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment