Tuesday, October 23, 2018

First Ride Around the Hood





Yes I did ride tonight, 11 miles around the Creekside loop. First midweek ride since we moved here. We have seen a couple other riders riding the loop in the evening so I figured I'd take my turn. I see a dude riding loops around 8 PM on Tuesdays so I headed out thinking I might run into the guy. Nope, turns out it was just me.

Not a bad ride. The effort feels like being on SART. As expected, half the loop a bit tougher than the other half. No hills, maybe just a slight incline. I headed out figuring I would do a quick 10 laps figuring maybe I would be out there for an hour. Finished my 10 laps then as I walked back into our door, Gina says that was fast. I thought I had been out there for an hour but it was only 43 minutes ha ha! Oh well, next time I know to stay out a bit longer. Though I could not see my Garmin at night. I would push the light but heck, getting old sucks, I couldn't see the numbers clearly! :-P

But anyway, it's a nice SAFE little loop for the midweek night rides. No hills so that is something that is missing, hills make you stronger! But spinning the pedals for now is what matters.


It did give me a chance to see the jacuzzi at night from the street. OK now I see why the security guard dives by like 10 times when I'm taking topless pics of Gina at night. Also why a few cars drive by at 5 MPH, sometimes going around and driving again ha ha! I didn't realize how clear the view was from the street. But hey, just adds to the excitement I guess. :-P





No comments:

Post a Comment