Saturday, February 17, 2024

Solo 34 Glendora Claremont Equestrian Center

 34 solo with a little bit of climbing.  Thought about a couple miles on GMR but the legs weren't having it today.  😕 

Rode yesterday and chilly today so maybe the legs were rebelling after a couple weeks off. 

But as always,  better on the bicycle than the freeway. 😄

https://www.relive.cc/view/vr63QeGK58v


What really tripped me out is some dude I ran into at the equestrian center. He was on a long impressive ride. We chatted for a bit when I said to him that the ride was a really good one. He said all he needed was a good bike and good dope. WTH! Two years older than I so I was kinda surprised. OK so I get it, people smoke dope for recreation but to ride the bike? He said he it eased the pain and helped relax him. I was totally shocked. I can see for medical issues and other reasons but to help ride the bike?

Well heck, I think if I were to take in a few drugs while cycling, something to mask the pain, I'd certainly do more impressive rides pain free ha ha ha! Oh well, I was just surprised figuring most cyclists don't believe in smoking out the lungs. This dude whipped out a pipe and took a few hits. I myself stepped away being downwind, hoping to get out of the path of the fumes. 

Only time I've ever taken anything to relieve pain was the day after a root canal. No aspirin, nothing, not my thing. I cycle drug free. Leave that to Lance and the other guys who feel they need drugs to perform. Heck, Lance is still a hero but any kind of drugs is not my thing. 👊 








No comments:

Post a Comment