Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Sugru by Tesa

 Sugru by Tesa. This stuff is awesome 👌.  My rubber hood on my bike was ripping.  Parts (st-5510) are no longer available from around 2005. Ebay sellers want $65 for used beat up stuff. I don't think so, so I did some searching on the net. ONE  guy mentioned Sugru saying it was good stuff.


Like Play-doh clay but starts setting in 30 minutes.  Fully cured in 24 hours. Very easy to work with. 


$20 for 3 small slabs, 3.3 ounces total.  


I gave it a try with nothing to lose.  Excellent!!! Patched up the tear and turns into rubber like the hood.


It's a rubber glue thing. Look it up if you've never seen it. Can be formed into a rubber patch like mine.


Some create little key ring hooks and place them directly onto the wall. Some glue lids or magnets unde a shelf to use as jar holders, magnetic accessory holders pretty cool. 


I'm just happy I could fix my rubber hood on my bike. I replaced them about 6 years ago but can't find replacement any longer seeingvthe shifters are from 2005.


Hopefully with time it will turn more black. Bt if not, it works.







2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the improv repair ! Clever use .
    I'll keep Sugru in mind that is my kind of product. Keep it next to duct tape and tie-wraps in utility drawer.

    4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, good stuff. Done some searching and some have used it in very handy ways. 😀

      Delete