Saturday, April 20, 2024

Jimbo and Beanz on the SGRT

 Good ride with Jimbo today.  37 miles from Pico gold course to the top of the trail and back. I had been thinking about inviting Jimbo on a ride but he's a busy man. So Friday, I had been thinking about contacting him for a San Gabe trail ride but didn't. So I was surprised when he contacted me Friday evening asking if I had plans to ride. Sure! So we met at the golf course and headed out North on the trail.

His family was attending the Renaissance Fair at the Santa Fe Dam so he wanted to head up that way.  We did. I'm always happy to ride with Jim as he's a good safe controlled rider. No worries about getting taking out by dangerous  moves. Also willing to help share the load. Heck, best type ever. So we worked well together and it made the ride go by quickly. Heading up we rode pretty much side by side just cruising at a decent pace. On the way down, Jimbo picked it up a bit so I went with it.

Amazingly, Jimbo is 73 now and rides really strong. A good example of staying healthy into older ages. Hope I can do the same but only time will tell ha ha ha! Jimbo does run, swim, and cycle so he does put in a good effort towards the goal. 

So another great ride with Jimbo! 








....and a post ride meal with Gina. 😋






No comments:

Post a Comment