Sunday, April 28, 2024

Riding Boujee in California

 Solo 20 miles on SGRT heading south to Downey.  WHY, WHY WHY , is it always windy both ways?🤣

Of course I run into Eyemage riding a Pinarello saying that I'm Boujee! 😆😄😆

But always a good ride even if it's windy and I run into Eyemage. 😁

I did do a very short break at the park so I was way ahead of schedule before running into Eyemage.  But BOY, that guy can talk! 😁

But we've missed encounters on the trail in the past. So he says this time he looked at every Mexican that went by till he found me! 😁😁😁


https://www.relive.cc/view/vJOK4P8nK56


A little Sizzler after the ride.












This is why I don't care for the upgraded Black Bibs. The upgrade feature le band is really sloppy around my knees. 🤣






One thing I will want to say is, Terry Sucks !!!
Enjoying The Fly since 2005, $60, $70, and even $80 within a few years span, I enjoyed Terry immensely. So over the last few years, I debated on buying one after trying a new one in 2016 (?) Did nothing for me but make me thing Terry really went cheap on their material seeing it wasn't nearly as comfy as before.

Then recently, the prices skyrocketed! Debating over 6 months of so, I gave in paying $180 for a new Fly.  Really sucks! Been a year now and I just can't get comfy on it. So I finally bought another Spoon Charge saddle, relief version. Trying a new version though I have enjoyed the regular model for a couple years.  Someone mentioned the Spoon Charge saddle on a cycling forum and I thought , no way can a $25 saddle be as comfy as a high end. I was pleasantly surprised trying the first one. Then I bought 2 more within a month. A second for my Cannondale and a third for the tandem.

But still I wondered about the Terry till I gave in, big mistake. So lesson learned. Returned to the Spoon Charge. This one was $35 but the regular is about $30 now. Still have them on my other bikes. So now, back to all 3 with the Spoon.

Did my first ride yesterday and sure enough, much better than the Terry, first ride.  A 40 miler but today, being a little more tender from yesterday, it helped me fine tune the setup. A few millimeters adjustment here and there, sliding it forward as well and voila! Felt super good today and pretty sure I got it dialed in spot on! So a nicer ride today feeling even more comfy than yesterday.

I see other saddles on the net, new one Zeta. I look at the ads just out of curiosity and jeezus, $295 for a saddle? Others as well, crazy prices. Just can't see spending that much only to be disappointed again. And yeah, last 4 pair of shorts are all pretty new over the last couple of months so can't take any of the blame off the Terry.

BTW, Eyemage did notice my lights today. He said I have always had better lights than he does. Well yeah, 5 headlights from Niterider, to Cygolite, and Rock Bros! Pretty good selection so heck, maybe he is correct, I am a bit Boujee! Ha ha ha!
 
Suck face Terry !!! $180


The new Spoon Charge saddle, much better at $35





No comments:

Post a Comment