Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Only Hot 🔥 When You Stop Tour / Pico Golf Course closing 3 in weeks, forever

Solo 41 miles.  Just some spinning in the sun. Felt really good and only felt hot when I stopped at the park along the return.  Didn't really feel the heat much I'm thinking because I went easy.  Of course,  Oatmeal for breakfast.  I don't know what that factory is but they did an emergency broadcast test right as I was rolling by. Opposite side of the river but it almost blew me off the bike! 🤣 LOUD!!! The entire time riding,  I didn't look at the temp on my GPS because I didn't want to know,  and I wasn't feeling the heat. 😁 Average 91, high 104.

I'm pretty happy that the heat isn't affecting me too much already. Been really hot around here but I continue to ride in the heat if even easy rides just to get acclimated. I think it is working because today was freaking hot again and I actually felt great. Didn't feel the heat in my breathing and the hips/shoulders felt great. Unlike the usual getting used to the heat rides where I feel the fatigue in my hips and shoulders,

But sadly, TC sent a video in a text. I TV report confirming that the Pico Rivera golf course will be closing during September. The totally closed date is the last day of the month but all amenities will be ceased on the 18th I believe. I'll have to watch the video again and try to post it here  but I do know half way through the month, all our conveniences will be at a halt, sadly! I did look at a sign posted just outside of the golf course on the trail today. It shows what section of the trails are going to be closed and open. I'm not very familiar with the hood, or residential area so I myself have no idea what will be there for a detour.

A short video recorded by TC with his cell. I saved it and posted it here. Nothing spectacular but you get the message.



                                                           Sweaty legs at break time!


I always find it strange that I don't sweat on the bike. Maybe my sweat evaporates quickly but I rarely drip if I'm moving. I did stop at the park and yeah, when I stand still, my legs start dripping and even get a coating but still, my face, nope! It's over 100 degrees in the pic and my face is dry like it was 75.



Have no idea what this place is but they have one heck of an alarm system.


My oatmeal with some strawberries. I cheat and use the dehydrated fruit. But the grapes I eat on the way to the ride are real ha ha ha!


I was supposed to ride yesterday, Tuesday but I got lazy and it's so freaking hot. So I cheesed out and decided to go to Millie's for breakfast instead ha ha ha! Yeah, I broke a sweat drinking coffee but I always get a glass of ice water and a cup of ice too. I drink a cup or 1 1/2, or 2 depending on the timing of getting a refill.  Then after I'm nice and hot, I start on the ice water to cool down before I leave. Of course 2 cups of coffee, 2 glasses of ice water, I'm always heading to the little boys room before I leave ha ha ha! Yeah, breakfast then a nice cool visit to the mall to chill out.





No comments:

Post a Comment