Saturday, September 19, 2026

Last Pico Golf Course Ride video coming

 Thirty five miles with TC and Mark today. Mark on the comeback trail really did well today. Overcoming some medical issues not long ago, he's worked his way back to decent health and coming back with his fitness. Still strong and the fitness is coming back. I did see a couple of chinks in the armor but my plan was to work together as I always try to do. I saw him fade a couple of times so I slowed a half step so he could catch back on to the tail end. That's all it takes as I try to preach to those I ride with. Sadly not many seem to understand. So a half step for a couple of minutes does wonders. Good thing is when Mark recovers, he will take the front allowing me to recover. He's always been that kind of rider. But since he didn't ride for quite a while, I tried to work with a couple of other riders and no dice! Too many riders seem to be about challenging after letting them recover. Not sure what it is, slow to let them catch on and recover, then instead of taking the front to return the favor, it's all about a sprint thinking that I'm tired. It's that don't mistake my kindness for weakness thing. Really strange that you can help another rider then they want to drop you. Doesn't make sense but Mark has always been a work together rider. So it's good to see him coming back. Strong and a little more fitness, he'll be right there once again.

Sadly the golf course is kaput now! Well, will be closed on the first but today was the last day of any kind of services. Did have a Smash Burger stand so we enjoyed one after the ride. TC and Mark had a beer but I'm not a drinker type, water for me. But it was a good time chatting about old times and stuff seeing we've known each other since I was 13 when I started high school. 

Well, today was the last day for the Pico Rivera Golf Course. Rode with a couple of friends, one who is on the comeback trail doing really well today. Poor old golf course, bye bye! But a good ride with buddies.


Got a couple of nice compliments today. Passed a dude riding up to Azusa Cyn. As we rolled by he said, "I can't keep up with you pro riders but I'm coming to get you, you cranky old bastard!".  πŸ˜†


Then later at the top, another ride we had passed said, "you sure don't ride like a cranky old bastard from what I saw.'  Heck, I need to wear this jersey more often. It's the only time anybody says anything nice to me ha ha ha!


The YT video

















The lady Judy, asked me to take a pic of them with her camera. Of course, you know me and of course, a little video clip too ha ha ha! She said short 22 or so miles today but their usual is 40 to 60. No time today so they went short. Any ride is better than no ride. Sadly they had no idea that today was the last day for the golf course. They know now! 



                            Post ride dinner with Gina, well after the Smash Burger ha ha ha!

Are we regulars at Sizzler or what? πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ˜† These girls think we're their parents. 3 different girls sat down and ate my French fries 🍟. Silly girls but they take care of us. Reserved seating too. 😁

Silly girl sitting down with us sharing my fries.







No comments:

Post a Comment