Solo 34 miles after vacation. Vacation from what, I don't know ha ha ha. Gina did have 5 days off so I got lazy. But back on today going as easy as I could considering the heat and wind. 107 I saw on my device, 102 average on Strava. Banged up my knee on the weekend. Small scrape and a little stiff.
Cool little chat with David after the ride in the golf course patio. He was walking 4 miles to meet some friends then stopped on his way back. 8 miles along the trail,, crazy! He rides and hikes along the trail most days. Good chat wondering about what is going to happen once the trail along the gc is demolished. He's more familiar with the area so I just listened to some alternate alternates ha ha ha! Well, a good little chat, little 2 hour chat. Arrived at the patio at 2 pm and didn't leave till 4 pm when Gina called that she was on her way home from work.
After David left, I was packing up my electronics when a couple came from the golf course area. They asked about my ride and we had a good little chat with the lady saying she rides in the area. The dude looked more like a golfer then made a comment about my usual 35-40 mile rides 3 or 4 times per week. He said, "wait till you get to my age!" I thought about it thinking I know Ron is around 76 and is still kicking butt on the bike. Jimbo is around 72 or 73 if I recall correctly but probably not, so I know he's in his 70's and still kicking but running, riding, tri type stuff so I am thinking, maybe I might not be riding into my 70's, who knows but hopefully!
So I'm thinking the guy is in his mid 70's thinking there is still hope for him. So I asked, "well, how old are you? and he replies ," 63". 😧😯😧 HOLY COW, WE'RE THE SAME AGE!!! He was a little surprised that we were the same age, so was I ha ha ha! I told Gina about the conversation when I got home asking if I looked that old. She said no, and that she has told me that I don't look like the average 63 year old. Thank goodness, I hope she isn't lying if that is the average looking 63 year old dude. Forget golf, I'm sticking to my cycling ha ha ha!
Gee, a little banged up, a bit stiff but doesn't bother nearly as much as the small slight little itty bitty scrape. When the salt and sweat rolls down into the scrape, it burns like a MOFO!!! 🤣😂🤣
Then the usual chicken dinner at Sizzler. Gina tempting me with the chicken wings but NOPE....must be good! Heck, just for health's sake, switched to chicken and once in a long while, the small steak. Just trying to stay healthy for the future. Seems I'm off to a good start so why blow it now with yummy delicious chicken wings? 🤪
Did use the Aerotech shorts again, 8 hour plus rated pad worked nicely. I might have said 6 hours previously but looking again, it's 8. Feel nice and much smoother than the Black Bib shorts. I was impressed with the first couple I bought of BB's but seems the new green pad isn't as nice. It sticks to my skin and feels a bit like a rash so the Aerotech are much nicer. A bit more expensive but worth it.
I mentioned to Gina how much nicer they felt and she said good, I should buy a third pair. Who am I to argue? Ha ha ha! I see little discounts here and there, reg $119 and $8 for shipping so a little 15% or $15 off is good. Gina is so sweet. She said though they are almost 3 times the price of the BB's, it's worth it to spend a little extra if I'm comfy then said I should order a third pair and I haven't even gotten the second pair delivered yet. She's so sweet!
Now that I remember, the pair I bought about a year and a half ago is feeling better than the new Black Bibs I've bought recently. The pad seems to be a pad on the Aerotech where the BB's seem to be little pads stuck inside a pad sewn together and a couple of pair, the little pads have gotten loose. I sewed them back into place on the older ones and seems to work but shouldn't have to do that. But oh well, lesson learned and I haven't had to use those since I have several new pair of them. Just digging the Aerotech much more nowadays. The first pair I bought has the cargo net on the side of the thighs. I bought them to see how they work but I just don't like things on my legs while riding so I don't use it but the pad is still pretty comfortable.
After a few tears in the shower washing off the salt.
No comments:
Post a Comment