Saturday, September 5, 2026

More Miles / Anniversary

Ahhh yes, before I forget, just ordered another pair of Premier long distance shorts on Aerotech dot com. Code LABORDAY to save $15 on orders over $100. Just in time so I ordered another pair. At this point, I am feeling much better in the Aerotech shorts vs the Black Bibs. Nicer smoother pad for comfort. $119 plus delivery, with the code, $112 delivered. Not bad for comfy shorts.


The video on YT


So Saturday, just another ride to rack up some miles. Staying healthy through exercise. Figuring I better ride from the Pico Rivera golf course before they destroy it. So heading south to the coast which I really don't like but doing it anyway figuring it might be harder to get there after the gc parking lot is gone and the surrounding trail destroyed.

So just another ride but headed to the pier to see what was there knowing there is never really much at the river's end section. Headed to the pier only to see a chick that I think was the same one I caught about a year ago, maybe 2. Nice big butt, yes, I'm an ass man ha ha ha! Nice big butt but maybe a little too big and bigger this time than last time but hey, it'll get me views on YT.

I did get a message from a fellow on YT saying something like it ain't fair because he doesn't get the sights like I do to use as thumbnails on YT, click bait ha ha ha!

But I did feel really good on the ride. The day after a blood test so that's good figuring I got stabbed and the huge loss of blood ha ha ha! Always nice to feel good on the bike. It was strange the previous ride but I'll chalk it up to being a little tired. My heart rate seemed low through the entire ride. I would push to raise it but my heart wouldn't stress though the legs would fry. So I figure my heart was strong and it was the legs that were tired refusing to push hard enough to raise my HR. A good sign I guess knowing the heart is strong. Yeah, strong heart is better than weak legs and a weak heart. But this ride, I started with a low HR for about 10 miles then went up once I the wind. Felt back to normal.

One thing on the ride, wow what a bunch of scary a-holes on those e-bikes. Yeah, many of the young kids are idiots but even the adults are idiots. Idiots with very little skill and consideration. First incident, I was passing and e-bike, actually 2. A couple riding together, the lady in front. The guy behind  riding right in the center of the path on the white line. I came up from behind and shouted kindly the Onyerleft. Sure enough the idiot didn't pay attention so I hung in his rear view mirror for a few seconds so he could see I was there hoping to pass safely. But the idiot just sat on the line with no idea. So I waited till he seemed a little steady then passed giving him the stink eye and a shake of my head. Idiot number one!

Idiot number two! Wish I had my recorder on at the time. Heading north about 2 miles from the coast. Father and child heading north as well. Kid about 20 yards in front of his father. I see him, small kid about 8 on a smaller bike looking a little unsteady but in his lane, the center of the lane.

Looking ahead, I see  small family walking south, 2 abreast and pretty much hugging the edge with 2 kids. I am doing about 17 but see the traffic so I slow big time to about 5 as the kid looks unsteady on the bike. Better to slow than hurt the kid or myself. OK, so the kid is 8 years old and I surely don't want to mess up a kid so I slow for a careful pass for all. 

Just as the two sets of kids meet, I wait a couple seconds for enough room to pass safely. But the idiot on the e-bike, about 45 years old just races through between the traffic without slowing. I say about 20 mph, are you kidding?! He shouted something to the kids as he flew through. I didn't hear him clearly but don't need to know what he said because I already know he's an a-hole. Freaking people always trying to blame just the young e-bike riders but I've seen plenty of older riders that are total a-holes.

As I roll by the parents walking south, I gently start to increase my speed but say to the father, :bunch of idiots on e-bikes are too stupid to slow down for kids!".  He just shook his head with a few words of agreement. Too many idiots!

Later on, I cross paths with a father and a little kid on an e-bike, I think. Then a couple of little girls on an e-scooter riding safely. The little girl on the scooter waves as she sees my recorder. Ha ha ha, always cute to see little kids wave to the camera. Sometimes is shocks me that they are so friendly thinking that most kids would be a little shy or intimidated by the camera. Caught them on video, the friendly smile and wave.





I think the paleta lady thought I might buy something if she photo-bombed my shot. I waited for her to move but seemed she wasn't and I had to go!





He he he the little wave and a smile.


Friday was our wedding anniversary so we went to Northwoods Inn. Same place I took Gina on our first date 40+ years ago. Lobster that won her heart I guess because it was game on after that night ha ha ha!



Steak and lobster for me. Steak is OK so I just get it cause I don't think I can live on lobster alone. I was worried being so rich that I might suffer on the bike the following day but I felt really good. Maybe I should eat lobster more often ha ha ha!



Mixing the purple marinated cabbage with the green lettuce and bleu cheese dressing.


Toast was a little under cooked and not so crispy so I asked the waiter to have it toasted. He brought us new stuff and a bag of new bread for the road, cool!


Before the mix!



Half way through our meal, a friend walked in alone, Jae. She happened to get seated right behind us. Didn't notice for a few seconds but what a surprise. I did offer her a dessert and had the waiter put it on our bill. She was happy and we will get together again for a dinner later on.


I had the steak and lobster, Gina just the lobster dish


Saw dust on the floor so once you eat the complimentary peanuts, you just toss the shells on the floor. Kinda neat, I guess!



The 30 mile test ha ha ha! The peanut and butter sandwich flavor Honey Stingers get pretty soft in the heat being carried in my jersey pocket. I do place them under my cell in the pockets hoping to somewhat shield them from the sun. But th P&J flavor really gets soft and flimsy. The salted caramel stays pretty firm. I guess I'll be sticking with those from now on not to mention, the P&J version tastes like a stale P&J sandwich ha ha ha!




Sunday. Changed it up a little bit today. But our friends still tossed in a salad 🥗 for me. 😁 Ribs, steak, and shrimp 🍤. Gina had the shrimp dish and a salad bar. Tired today. I think it's from the blood loss on Friday. 🤣 Got a little bruise on my arm from getting stabbed 🔪 at the lab. 🤪

And a nice thing, with the holiday weekend, Gina took off a couple of vacay days for our anniversary. So 5 days off for my Honey. She deserves it after working 11 hour days. She's such a hard worker. Patience is a virtue they say and she's got it!






No comments:

Post a Comment