Saturday, September 12, 2026

Last Ride to Seal Beach ⛱️ For A While (video on YT)

Solo 42, well almost solo. Ran into Mark at the coast then rode back about 4 or 5 miles till his turn off. Must be nice living in the beach area avoiding the 107 degree temps ha ha ha!

Just another ride to the beach before they tear down the Pico golf course. I won't know where to park after that if I want to do the southern section of the trail that leads to the beach. I will park at Encanto Park to do the northern section which I prefer anyway being smoother and a little elevation. From there, the foothills are more accessible so I'll probably end up riding there mostly. Never really cared for the southern section anyway since the trail has a whole lotta cracks in the road. But ya know, gotta ride somewhere. Heck, maybe I'll be more inspired to do GMR some since it's right there, BUT when it cools down a bit.

Good news, received another pair of Aerotech shorts in the mail today. Don't know what happened to the Black Bibs, pad quality gone down. So I'm finding even the first pair of Aerotech I bought about a year and a half ago feel better than the new BB's. Sad but true. Now I have 3 pair and plan on a fourth that should carry me through a year or two.

This gal was a ham ha ha ha! Taking pics with her male partner then started posing alone. She did look up at me when she started posing alone. She knew I was there but I don't think it bothered her as she was having too much fun. Heck, she posed for about 30 minutes. Not that I am complaining ha ha ha!



                                                                             The YT video






Nice easy effort. Did feel really good. Trying to eliminate as much sugar as possible. Looking for a routine that suits me. Keep me fueled but with less sugar. Today it was sugar free Liquid IV rotating each drink with water while riding. Back and forth getting a good mix. Then a wafel after about an hour, then fig bars at the coast, 20 miles into the ride. Then another wafel half way back. Did it today and felt pretty good finishing strong. Good for a 40 miler maybe a little more for now. I think the heat has something to do with having to fuel a little extra. When it cools a bit, I'll try to get by with a little less on the wafels ha ha ha! I'm thinking since I don't eat a whole lot like I used to, I'm missing some carbs for me ride so very unlike me, I rarely ate anything on a 40 miler. Maybe one bar 20 miles in and a bottle of Gatorade. That was it, now it seems I need a little more fuel on the bike. Getting old I guess, ha ha ha!


Gal was all smiles!







I think this gal liked the camera more than I did ha ha ha!












No comments:

Post a Comment