Saturday, March 9, 2024

Grinding the Foothills with Tony

 37 miles 2100+ ft gain with Tony. Tony just recovered from a knee procedure and wanted to try some hills. He was tearing it up today. Good recovery and he says an improvement as far as pain and comfort, good thing!

We did ride from Covina to Claremont and back. Up Wheeler along the way. Across to Old Foothill (?), then up Barranca and back. Eyemage did warn me that Barranca was a gnarly climb at the top. Gina and I drove up there the other day just cruising. I thought it would be a good road but he was right, I was surprised. Not sure if it looks different in a car or I just didn't see it right ha ha ha! But it was tough and then turning east on Sierra Madre, the climb continues. But, it builds character ha ha ha!













No comments:

Post a Comment