Sunday, March 24, 2024

Rain Weekend, E-A-T !!!

 Bad thing about the rain weekends, just eating ha ha ha! Of course I for once got up on Sunday morning at 5:45 to ride and checked the weather, 40% chance of rain all day.  3 weather sites different so not knowing which to believe. So I sit it out and it turns out to be a beautiful day. 

Finally around 5 pm, the radio broadcasts a emergency weather broadcast beeping out the radio saying golf ball size hail on the way, flood warnings, hard rain blah blah blah. We head to the mall for a mocha latta sitting where we can see the exit. Finally the rain starts so we're happy that we parked under the parking structure to avoid the golf ball size hail. It rains for 5 minutes then stops, WTH ha ha ha!

Anyway, Saturday eve, Casa Jimenez. Enchiladas and a chile relleno for me. Chicken salad for Gina. Ranch dressing with salsa mixed to turn it a bit red. Casa Jimenez, best one in Claremont. Good people and service. All you can eat, 25 different items though most similar but all you can eat with a salad or soup. Get 3 items then more after you finish that. $17 all you can eat. Other places are $17 for 2 enchiladas rice and beans. Every time I go somewhere else, I'm disappointed with only 2 for $17. Just feel cheated so Casa J is always good!

Sunday morning, La Choza. 2 Enchiladas $17, yeah, felt cheated. Decent but expensive. About $60 for BREAKFAST ?!?!

Later, Sizzler for Sunday dinner. Small steak and potato. Salad but barely ate it. Oh well, getting old, can't pack it away the way I used to ha ha ha!

One good thing about not riding was being able to find some good boots. I've been looking for months. Just something comfortable being on my feet. I finally did a search online finding a brand called Thorogood (sp?) Supposed to be comfy so I went to a store in Ontario listed as a dealer, boot store. Most boots were $225, popular brands. $225 ???!!!

Not for me. I want good boots but that's just too darn much. So someone suggested Shoeteria known for work boots. Went there and found the Thorogood for $134. Not steel toe but hiking boot style. Someone told me back in about 2005 to give hiking boots a try. He said once I tried them, I wouldn't go back to sneakers. I had been having a hard time finding sneakers that were comfy on concrete and on my feet all day. 

I've always thought hiking boots were butt ugly but once I tried them on, yeah buddy! Ugly but didn't seem to mind feeling like I was floating. So since then, I've been using hiking boots at work.  So though no riding, glad I found some boots. The Sketchers I've been using are not bad looking, actually like them but they just don't float. Of course materials nowadays suck after Covid. So the Thorogood boots are a breath of fresh air! Yes, spelled Thorogood, just looked it up!

Will have a 3 day weekend coming up for Good Friday and Easter so hopefully I can get in some good mileage, if it doesn't rain. The rain this season has made my mileage count suck ha ha ha! Don't mind getting wet but I sure hate having to clean a muddy bike. I have ridden my MTB on the bike trail for 40 miles during pouring rain stopping half way to ring out the clothes but I don't have access to my MTB right now being in storage. But has nothing to do with ME getting wet but a wet muddy bike sucks and I keep them indoors.

Anyway, a good weekend considering and btw, did get some new socks too so hopefully, my feets will be happy tomorrow at work ha ha ha!













Gave me time to do light inventory ha ha ha! Never can have too many lights. I have 2 more Cygolites in a box and 3 more rear lights as well. Just ordered another rear light for the seat stay.  $20 Keywell.  Nothing high end, just another little gadget for fun time and experimentation.





No comments:

Post a Comment