Friday, March 29, 2024

Good Friday Paid Holiday Ride (video later)

 Solo Good Friday Ride. I got paid to ride I guess ha ha ha! 40 miles from Pico Rivera to Seal Beach and back. Pretty windy on the way, holding 13 into the wind pushing hard. Easy 19 on the return with the tailwind. 18 days off the bike, Laughlin and rain so I was worried about doing 40 but felt good. Had a good couple of weeks so body was good other then some tricep arm fatigue but legs are good!😁

Though I haven't been on the bike in 19 days, I felt pretty good. One weekend in Laughlin, the other supposed to rain. Did on Saturday then the forecast for Sunday said rain all day. So I sat it out and sure enough, didn't rain. Not till 8 pm and the entire day was really nice, freakin, weather man! So today,, 1, 2, 3 percent chance of rain, I'm going. I was expecting to get rained on though but didn't happen so that's nice! Little chilly at times but as long as my bike doesn't get mucked up, I'm good!

At one point, I did see a lady heading to the coast buy the big bridge. I stopped to record as she rolled by. Doing well but after I mounted, I passed her. This time she looked to be really struggling. I rolled but the wind really got stiff and it seemed as if she tried to catch me on one of the underpasses. So I figured I'd back off a step or two letting her take my wheel but she wasn't catching up. So I really slowed so she could catch up. BUT !!!

Too many times riding with a group, I have tried to help someone. Backing off to let them take a wheel. But the competitive spirit gets to them and they think I'm fading. So instead of taking my wheel, they pass, race around me as if they think I'm done. Rolling by with a smile on their face as if they've conquered me. OK, trying to help but once they do that, you're on your own ha ha ha! Too many times it happened in the group. Mostly the women. I guess some try to prove they're stronger than the men. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to help. OK, for those forum people who think I'm a monster, I kicked her ass ha ha ha!



https://www.relive.cc/view/veqz15kPzB6











Great surprise,  Easter Bunny showed up at work on Thursday.  Actually the CEO,  a great guy dressed up passing out candy to all employees.  😄



I know people in other states will laugh but we just drove by an electronic billboard that said Caution,  dangerous Weather conditions. 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment