Sunday, August 18, 2024

Saturday with Tony and John

 About half solo 43 miles. Tony set up the ride but didn't feel well when we started. I guess he had 3 hours sleep and couldn't function.  So he did the first part of the ride, the train station to Yorba Park. Then cut out. Ran into John (Octico on the forums) heading back to ARTIC after Yorba. Passed him as he stopped on the side of the road to turn around. He called out my name and after seeing his face, I was puzzled for a bit wondering who it was. But then finally clicked, it was John. Didn't recognize him as he has dropped 70 to 80 pounds. Looking good!  Riding well too finishing up his 40 miles turning out at ARTIC with Tony who stopped his ride early not feeling well.

SO I headed off alone after that. To HB and back. Not much going on other than the wind. Though on the way back, ran across some chick on a bike making hand signs. She was making a hang loose sign and sticking out her tongue as we passed. I guess she had no idea that I had a go pro so I captured her. The lady behind her busted out laughing after she saw me whip out the go pro ha ha ha!

Well, from far away, she looked like Pamela Anderson. Up close, not so much ha ha ha!

Met Gene and Susan at the end of the ride. Brother and sister team who had done cross country tours over the last couple of years. So we had some good fun bike chat. Good people and good laughs.


                                                                     Youtube video






Tony's images






After, Gina and I ate at Casa Jimenez in Claremont. Made a little youtube video of our friends there. Best Casa Jimenez around, of the maybe 10 that I've visited.




No comments:

Post a Comment