Saturday, August 3, 2024

Solo Saturday & Adobo Velo

 Solo 42 miles on Saturday. Pico to Seal Beach and back. Ran across Adobo Velo for a bit. Also I believe Glenn Frank's trike crew.

Hot day, started about 70 and ended up at 102. I did feel the heat on the return further inland. Felt the heat fatigue in my shoulders. Heck, someday someday, I'm going to get out of bed early to beat the heat. Someday ha ha ha!

But good new on Friday at work. I had found two lucky pennies during the week. I never picked up pennies before but Gina has always said, "find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck!". I saw the pennies on the counter Friday morning getting ready for work so I figured I'd put them in my pocket and maybe Friday would go smooth and maybe some luck. Sure enough, the director of another project came over with the HR lady and asked if I'd be interested in transferring to the nuclear department. They said they needed more experienced inspectors and I'd be a good match. SURE! So I start Monday and though I'm making more money now than I ever have, I figure this might be a good chance to show them a little something that might get me a raise ha ha ha! But anyway, good that the people there see my experience and ability to do some good work.

I did feel good and I'm a big believer in karma. So Gina and I went to the mall Friday eve to celebrate with another banana split. My second in like 20 years ha ha ha! There at the mall, I did run across a lady who always takes the time to say hi to us no matter how busy she is at the candy booth. Actually one day I asked for $6 worth of chocolate almonds. She was new so she put them on the scale which read .44 of a pound ($12 per pound is the price). She saw the .44 and thought it was 44 cents. OK, I could have taken her pretty good that day but I explained to scale to her instead and took only what I had asked for. I don't cheat people so she was pretty happy about that. Not sure what kind of training she had but NOW, she knows!

So Friday feeling good, we walked by and she said hi. You know what, I'm giving you $20. I told her I have something for her and she asked, what's that? THIS!  She was surprised but happy to take it. She said she was going to get some tacos in Whittier after work ha ha ha! Turns out her name is Susy.

So after today's ride, went to our favorite place for some fajitas, our usual post ride meal. 




                                  Not sure why Gina looks like she wants to fight ha ha ha!




Took the pic on the hottest part of the ride. 3 miles before the end. Also to catch my breath he he he!






No comments:

Post a Comment