Thursday, May 20, 2021

Nice Easy Ride to Sierra Madre

 22 easy miles tonight, 14.4 average speed. Claremont up to Glendora and a little on Sierra Madre. I was planning to do the ride that the Ladies & Gents do but wanting to start a bit earlier tonight, I ran into the group as I was pulling out at the start. Saw Ricky and another guy going pretty fast but the group was slow. I wanted to ride and not join the ride, or interfere so I tried to slow down but they were not pulling away so I had to really try to go slow. 

Finally they pulled away some so I was able to pedal again without riding with them. Ended up passing a couple of riders anyway as they got stopped at the red light. One guy would stop, or slow down, then pass me. OK, kind of weird but he's know to ride like that. One of those bust their butt guys then stop for no known reason. IMO, it's a sign of arrogance. Some guys like to pass you then stop, pass you again. I guess it makes then feel good to think that the other riders think they're fast. Quite the opposite with me. I look at the guy like a dope and usually the overall average is lower or the same if he's lucky.  So he did this a couple of times the I just said F it! I saw him blow by then fade so I stepped on it. Left him behind but I got stopped by a red light on Baseline. So as I was starting out he stepped on it and blew by me. Like it was some feat to pass me as I was starting out from a red light and doing like 6 MPH ha ha ha! So I picked it up again and waited till I saw him fade in the wind. So I gained some then planned to give him a taste of his own medicine. I stepped on it an blew by him as he looked like he was struggling. Well, that's what he gets for intentionally losing his group that was pulling him. Well, if you're going to try to show up The Beanz, better make sure you can maintain  your pace. Because I won't really flat out chase  you. I'll wait till I see that little weakness when you fade, then I'll stomp on it. So yeah, if you try to show off, make sure you can maintain because even my grandma can kick it up for a minute or two.

So I was planning to do that course but saw then group still right in front of me so I kept straight and went to Lorraine and Sierra Madre. I knew if I went the regular course, I'd have a clown or two trying to show me up.  OK whatever ha ha ha! 

You know, I stole the course from the group. Called Ladies and Gents ride. Honestly, I like the course so I use it myself. I won't lie, I stole it but I'm thinking about naming it the Overstuffed Sausage Ride. I guess that would be because the ride leader who is about my size, wears a 2 XL when I wear a 3XL in shorts and he wears a 2XL in jerseys where I wear a 4XL or 5 XL. Not sure what his deal is, thinking he's Brad Pitt but many have commented that he looks like and overstuffed sausage. So, since I stole it from him, I just might name it after him ha ha ha! :-P

   A bit earlier than usual since I had mechanicals last time. I fixed the problems so I wanted a little daylight just in case something was wrong with the parts. New parts, you never know!


Just barely getting dark about 3 miles before the end of the ride. I like more dark myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment