Sunday, June 26, 2022

Solo 20 San Gabriel Trail

 Solo ride today at 16.0 average speed. 94 degrees max I saw on my Garmin.  99 on strava. I  deal with this heat at work as I work outside.  So riding in it, ain't all that bad ha ha ha. 

Met a nice couple at the start of my ride, Don and Diane.  They were doing a nice 55 miler from  Claremont and through the Emerald Necklace course. Had a pretty good little chat about cycling before we all headed out on our way. I was a bit behind them as the made a left at 4 corners. Got a couple shots of them up ahead. 

I worked into my pace as usual but then a couple miles near near the top, I really kicked it up working hard. OK, so when I started   a guy passed me and seemed friendly enough.  Another big guy like me.  I was thinking as he left me behind   this guy's doing pretty good. Maybe 100 yards ahead but 6 molester  the constant up ramps start.  

I was catching back up so I poured it on. As I rolled by he shouted I NEED SOMEONE TO PULL ME NOW, BROTHER.  I  guess we're brothers now ha ha ha. 

So he hopped my wheel and held on for a short bit. Very next little steep ramp, he fell back.  Heck, I poured it on more.  Another quarter mile and he was out of sight.

That's usually my plan.  Go easy on the easy and once it gets hard, wind or hills,  that's when you work.  The rest is all about conservation. 

Don and Diane, sounds like a Mellencamp song.

Sweat legs and wore my skeleton jersey today. Makes me look and feel lighter ha ha ha. 










No comments:

Post a Comment