Sunday, June 5, 2022

Solo Spiderz and Me

 Solo 20 today. Set out for an easy ride but ended up pushing hard on the way back.  

But had a good time looking over my stuff thinking about what a budget rider I am. 

GPS 40 bucks. Baselayer 4 bucks and has a zipper pocket along the hip. 

Another new pair gloves 24 bucks. 

Honey stinger, free from a friend ha ha ha. 

The reason I pushed hard back. I saw a couple riders just ahead of me and thought I'd keep pace but 50 yards back. 

Lead rider going faster and faster. I end catching and passing the f

second rider , a dude. Same uniform as lea rider who is still up ahead 50 yards.  Heck, maybe I'll catch HER later. I have 10 miles to do so.

So she passes a paceline of 5. I catch the paceline but sit on the back for a minute to catch my breath.  Then I go around in pursuit. 

Few miles down the road I need a drink. Then I see the paceline chasing hard as a group including a couple other riders I've passed. 

I see the effort but F that. I'm not going to let them catch me now. So I went to the drops and hammered. YES,  put a big gap on them, no way to catch me now. 

But still can't catch the gal. Wow,  gave it my all but still she gained another 50 yards. 

Finally made it to 4 corners right before the dsm at the Pico golf course. She stopped at 4 corners. I saw her as I rode by.

Little Asian chick bu she sure had a big motor. 😃

Oh yeah,  Bad Bob says I'm a serious cyclist now because I use 2 GPS units ha ha ha. 








No comments:

Post a Comment