Friday, November 25, 2022

Post Turkey Solo Cruise

 Might as well enjoy my 4 days off so I did another easy 20 mile ride.  Nice easy relaxing ride. 

Crazy dude on a recumbent.  Passed me just as I was starting out.  I said hello how you doing.  He said something but it was unclear.  He said something about speed.  Ok, then he raced off. 🏁 

Couple miles up the road   he pulled over so I went by.  Oldest trick in the book, let someone pass you so you can pass him again.  

I just kept my steady pace,  not hard  not too easy.  Then as I was about 2 miles from the top, where it starts to climb up and up,  I saw him rolling up. 

Ok, now let's see what he's got on that tandem. 😄

I  started hammering up the stairs stepping trail.  He fell way back so I just continued up and around the dam through the tunnel.  

I  stopped for a bit  looked around.  Wondering if there were any homeless people around that I could harass, nope! 😆😄😆

So I took a very short break then headed back down only to see him coming up. Y way. I gave him that look   how do you like that?! 😄

He looked at me, smiled and nodded his head a few times. 

Was an easy ride but had to kick it up a couple of times.  But surprisingly,  it was a nice ride down for once without the huge headwinds. 

I  did have a couple good servings last night for TG. So it was nice to get out and burn a little bit of that off. 🙃 







No comments:

Post a Comment