Saturday, November 12, 2022

Solo 40 and Wheel Sucker

 Solo 40 today. Didn't ride last week going to Laughlin. Actually,  Laughlin is cool but I'd rather ride my bike.  I only go to Laughlin to take Gina because she likes the slots.  

I did spend most my time outside and when I was inside, I did wear my mask.  I'd rather hang outside taking pics anyway.  Cool thing about my job   they offer weekly covid testing no charge to the employees.  All voluntary so I can test at will.  I tested Thursday and got my negative results on Friday.  

So today's ride,  breezy but nice.  Just held my pace up to the base of the mountains.  Out and back is 35 miles so I go off course here and there to make it 40.

The wheel sucker dude  c'mon! I can see this dude half mile ahead as we start the descent on the trail.  Slight descent where too many times you see riders busting their humps just to fade later when the trail flattens and gets windy where they fade. 

So I catch this guy then pass him holding my pace.  He let's me pull away a bit then races up trying to take my wheel.  Screw this guy, I slow way down letting him pass. 

I guess he figured I was tired so he tried to lift the pace.  I dropped back about 40 yards so he could see I'm not a wheel sucker.  About 2 miles to the end of my ride at Pico Rivera golf course. 

He starts to slow then I can't help but pull up on him as he fades on an uphill of an underpass.  Get to the top when he stands trying to pull away,  I let him. 

Of course,  100 yards later, he fades. I still hang back and even gear down to relax. But heck, he's fading big time so I pass him again.  He falls back about 15 yards then sprints up to my back wheel.  

I  sat up, looked back at him saying,  wtf! So he slows down and drops back.  He said something but whatever   don't be a bitch. Someone catches and passes you from a mile behind, doesn't mean everyone out there on a bike wants to carry your ass. 

Everything at work is 👍.  Easy work and compared to the work ethics of young people nowadays   they think I'm a hard worker even when I work half speed. 😄

Go into the clean room now and then and with the time change, no night driving to work. Starting at 7 am, arriving every day at 6:30, it's light now. 

Getting a little chilly but I enjoy it.  

After my ride today, Gina and I took my MIL and BIL  to dinner and sn ice cream at the mall. 

I  wanted a pic with Gina but my legs were tired not having been on the bike last couple of weeks so maybe it's better if she comes over here for the pic. 😃










No comments:

Post a Comment