Sunday, November 19, 2023

Solo Spiders 🕷 Tour (video posted) Black Bibs

 Solo 🕷 Spiders at Seal Beach Tour. 40 miles at 15 average. . Pretty windy both ways, how does that happen.  But a good ride other than a jogger cutting right in front of me.  She did a 45 without looking,  BIG  earphones and calling out but you know how joggers are. Being the awesome safe cylist that I am,  I saved it avoiding 3 people.  Thrashing my rear tire in a skid but it needed replacing anyway.   But why not make people feel bad for you when they don't know? 😆😄😆 Just glad I made the 20 back with no issues. 


Ha ha ha, so used to SART, I  posted that instead of SGRT



https://www.relive.cc/view/vKv2YekMeoq




So I tried some more Black Bib shorts. Buddy Paul had said he didn't care much for the basic model, $35. I had bought the ultra at $55 and thought they were good.  

I did a little investigating and found the basic is pretty much the same as the ultra  same chamois with only difference being the leg band. Ultra has a wide grippy band on the leg which I really don't care for. Hugs my thigh but then the wide band extends over my knee section looking all kinds of baggy.

The basic is just a small hem. So reading this was the only difference   figured I'd give the basic a chance seeing my cheap Chinese shorts have worn out in the chamois over the last 2.5 years.  Not bad for $20. 

And I only wear these on short 20 mile midweek night rides. Better shorts on the weekends.  So doing 42 today on the basic, seemed good enough. 

I would say felt a hair thinner in the material and chamois but I'm really not sure so hey  ought to be more than fine on those 20 mile rides. 

And I do like the small hem of the basic than the wide gripper of the more expensive,  so that's a plus ➕️ 👌 


No comments:

Post a Comment