Thursday, September 26, 2024

Gave My First $100 Tip Today

 My first $100 tip to a waitress. Just glad that I'm in a position to do it. Of course working Saturday again 🤣so I won't miss it. Had my allowance money saved up in my pocket. I could buy more bike mount stuff or forward it to someone who is going to need it. SADLY !!!! Our favorite restaurant Casa Jimenez in Claremont it closing after 30+ years. I think we've been going there for over 20 years. Food was good but service was always great. Their lease is up and the building owners divorced and wanted to sell the building or increase the lease amount from $9,000 monthly to $12,000. We were there when the boss was talking to the building owner, almost in tears knowing it was over. Very sad but today we got the word that Sunday is the last day of operation. Sadly these people don't have unemployment insurance and very short notice. So it's sad to imagine their position. Today Maria, one of our favorite waitresses told us. Seems the employees there had their minds somewhere else,, don't blame them. So after dinner, I told her I wanted to give her a gift for being a great waitress to us all those years. Big smile and she turned very red in the face. Really nice to see her face light up and turn red knowing it made her really happy. She God blessed me, guess that was the best part he he he! Go through tough times and one will find out who their real friends are so I'm glad that even as a waitress, I was able to help her out a little bit. Not enough but it felt good to pay it forward. 🙂 Of course Gina had a sad face while trying to eat her food. Just didn't seem right today knowing........





Now the , Who's Your Daddy now Beotch story.

So after being asked to transfer to the nuclear section at work, known as the Specialty Department, I was trained by a gall who I thought was cool. She trained me on and older smart scope. I learned it quickly having plenty of experience in like inspection projection machinery.  But quickly, seems she turned cold and didn't want to give any information. Pretty much figured out she gave me as little info and instruction as possible. Can't figure out why people are like that, maybe feeling threatened that I'd take their jobs. Not my intention at all, just helping management that gave me the opportunity.  

So I picked up on the operation, machinery, and knew about measuring so I understood quickly what everything means on the machine. She know .015 is O-15 but doesn't and has never known that it actually means, 15 thousandths of an inch. I know my numbers so not a problem for me to learn the machine and be much more proficient on the NEW smart scope they so much needed help with. 

So she and a couple of others in the lab tried to withhold info and help me as little as possible. Now me, I'm the dude who will give you every freaking bit of info if I train you because I have no fear of losing my job to anyone. If anything, I'll preform better than most in just about anything I do.

So over the last month and a half, I figured out the machine in many ways. The programming engineer actually showed me some  which was cool because I understood everything he said while the others were lost. I have surpassed their knowledge of the operations at this point. Heck, one day I went in only to find another operator made a mess of the machine running the incorrect program on the incorrect part. Not sure what the F he did, but 3 people including the supervisor were trying to get it to start as I arrived to work. They had been trying for an hour to get it started. I walked in and they told me what had happened. It took me 2 tries and about 5 minutes to figure out to get it started correctly. Set it up to home and initialize properly, no problem!

Those who had been withholding info and direction were standing their with their mouths open. Yeah, I know more than you now asshats!

So we've gotten busy  and amazingly, I have been volunteering to work Saturdays. Got some BIG AZZ checks now that I am making more than ever as far as my career. I actually can't believe they pay me this much to do what I do. Super easy for me but I guess some punk who wants to be smart though they aren't but thinks they are by withholding info and training, guess they'd have a hard time lacking experience.

Came easy to me and the funny thing, people that have been there for years, their best always seem to screw up the reports we produce. Saved in incorrect locations, mislabeled, all sorts of things and me being the perfectionist that I am, I rarely screw up and when I  do,, I catch it because I always double check my work like one should.  One dude that has been there 8 years is their best, though being a computer nerd, often messes up the reports. Always happy when they realize something is wrong, looking it up only to find it was his shift, not mine ha haha!

Cool! So today, the manager comes up and says they are going to teach me and the night shift guy, the8 year guy how to work on the reports that have been stalling the QC technicians and putting them far behind in their work. Actually, a bunch of cry babies that swear they work too hard when they spend the first hour of work talking about movies. WTH!

But it's cool that the managers recognize who the more intelligent employees are giving them more credit and though it's a bit more work, another 5 minutes worth, they know who they can trust to do the job correctly.

So now to those who try to keep you down, not wanting to train properly, withholding information, all I have to say now is, WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW BEOTCH ?!

I'm moving up, more credibility, more privileges, and trust from management, and no peon assignments. HA!   





No comments:

Post a Comment