Saturday, April 17, 2021

Fitty Two at 17.0 Solo Fat Bastard

52 miles at 17.0 average speed. I do pay attention to my average speed as it is an indicator that if I can still average 17 solo, maybe I am not too old yet ha ha ha! Bit breezy today so I was thinking I wouldn't get it but luckily, I did, yay!

Nice ride today. Not many riders at all and not many people at the beach. I rode down to the pier to get in a few extra miles to make sure I got 50. Sat at the pier for a bit but nobody there, bunch of old tanned guys and a couple of chubby women wrapped in sweats. Hmm, wrong time of the year I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love chubby women, just nothing for the camera or my blog today ha ha ha!

Heading south on PCH, I rolled by a tandem and we both got stopped by a light. Guy asked who was I calling a fat bastard. I told him anybody over 145 pounds and doesn't ride the Tour De France ha ha ha! He asked how far I was riding so I asked in return. 376 mile, what!!!! I guess he's doing a rando thing, wow. Said he only slept 2 hours then got back on the bike. Nice couple, good luck with that.

Then heading back, just before Warner, some guy rolls up and says, "Man, you are strong!". What?! He says he saw me back at the wooden bridge 2 miles from the coast. He said he was trying to catch me the whole time. Oh ok ha ha ha! I didn't know. He surprised me not even knowing he was coming up, just doing my own thing. But I'll take the compliment.

Then ran into 3 guys at the end of my ride. They were on a century so taking a break, we had a chance for a little chat. One guy said he was 57 so I said I was too and will be 58 next month. One dude said, you are 58 but look 38. Wow, everybody was being nice to me today ha ha ha! 


Bit breezy but I felt good today. Always nice being able to do a solo ride here and there!


                                                                          Ready to roll!


No parking on the dance floor, baby!


Not much traffic today


Heading to the pier


Hmm, not much going on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment