Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Solo Night Ride BLSB

 Solo 23 miles at 14 point something. 1k gain from Claremont to Glendora and back. Headed up Lorraine which takes you to Sierra Madre, the base of GMR. Very quiet night, almost scary. Very few cars. 

But drivers are so considerate to me. I had about 5 cars tonight slow and let me go first to the intersections as they were preparing to make a right turn. One gal who I had a traffic encounter with, actually pulled over at the corner, smiled and waved at me. Not bad considering most riders I know have so many complaints about drivers. I dunno, maybe they think I'm too big and will leave a pretty good dent on their hoods so the back off  ha ha ha!



My $18 windbreaker from China ebay. Has side zip pockets, rear zip pocket, lots of reflectors vs the PI I bought back in 2005 for $60 that has absolutely nothing. I think they want $80 now for the PI. Heck, I'll go Chinese for that much! Strange thing though is that it zips up on the opposite side. Got to get used to that. I guess they zip like they drive ha ha ha!


Coming back, east on Baseline, I drop down to Old Baseline. Not as bumpy, smooth and safer with far less traffic.



Water stop at the park, no lights.


Same shot with lights.


Mr. Beans Mobile


Used and S when I got the name on. But back in 1998, I hadn't signed onto forums yet. So when I tried to sign on, there were too many with and S so I used a Z.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment