Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Solo 23 Night Miles

So, wonderful 23 miler last night at 15.8 average speed. I skipped Tuesday when I probably should have  not. Had a tender hamstring from the weekend. Guessing I need to stop slacking on my riding since I have been feeling good lately. But getting lazy, last night I lay on the bed watching TV with Gina for about an hour and started feeling lazy again. But I managed to get up and get ready for the ride. Of course everything is going wrong. Where is my light, where is my case for my cell, where is my head ha ha ha! 

I finally load my bike and get in the truck. Where is the chord to my charger/ Where is my freaking seat belt? Seriously, nothing is going right but I make my way to the lot. It is still somewhat bright but I get ready to roll but stall some. I don't like to leave when I can see the sun still in the drivers' eyes knowing I will be heading west into the sun. Just not safe if you ask me so I stall till the sun is nearly down and I can see west knowing my lights will be visible to drivers. Hey, I'm not stupid!

So the time comes to shove off and I'm worried my legs won't want to go having felt so lazy heading out. But WOW! I get on the bike and head out, no tender hammy, no resistance. I'm thinking I must have a huge tailwind because even going up one of the first little climbs, I was feeling good.

Made my way across town, hit the far point easily and thought maybe I would have a headwind on the way back. Nope, felt great still. Very unusual that there is not a wind one way or the other. But I'll take it. I was rolling pretty good and felt effortless. Not saying I set land speed records but this was easy and I was enjoying it. Hit a couple of little climbs like nothing so I was happy and feeling good.

I hit the little park where I water up, only couple of miles from the end but I hate being without water. Watered up, hit the road again rolling up Mountain Ave in Claremont. Felt really good and again not so much effort. Something was just right tonight!

I finished my ride about 9:20, took my time packing up. But first spent about 20 minutes just farting around and taking pics. Made a fun relaxing night out of it. Next thing I know, I'm there thinking, do I really want to go home? Ha ha ha! I think I could have rode another hour or so and enjoyed it. But I had to get home because I know Gina really missed me ha ha ha! Yeah, she was probably hoping I'd stay out another hour! :-P



                                 Wasting time taking pics waiting for the sun to set a bit more.


This is about what it looks like when I like to roll. Some light left to see pot holes on the bad part. West of Live Oak, fast dh section with potholes. If I time it right, I can make it through there with enough sun light to still see the hazards. But yet not enough light to blind the drivers to what's happening in the bike lane, me!


Now it's getting dark


Now it is dark! So sweet the night air!


The little park about 2 miles from the end. I wanted to keep going but my bike needed a break ha ha ha!


After the ride photoshoot. Must have taken about 20 shots trying to get in front of the cell. Was dark in the other direction so I could not see the direction of the phone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment